Chapter Thirty

Meanwhile across the street stood Lena and Seth watching as Paul and Serena ate and laughed. It may have been a simple date between Paul and Serena but to Lena it was more than that, seeing as the diner sign was covered, to her it was one last meal before it closed, permanently.

"Come on." Seth told Lena, trying to coax her into walking away but even he could see the hurt in her eyes.

"I can't believe she's closing it." She said aloud as she walked away with Seth. "And she didn't even tell me." She continued as she looked back at the diner.

Once Serena and Paul  arrived at Emily's, Serena was shoving Paul away from her as he was attempting to tickle her. Once they got to the door, Paul held it open for her as she walked in first.

"I take it the date went well?" Embry asked as soon as he saw Serena.

"Oh I think it went very well." Jared said playfully once he looked at Paul.

"Shut up." Paul retorted as he shoved Jared only for Embry to give Jared a twenty dollar bill from a bet he clearly lost.

"Not a word." Serena told Emily as soon as she saw the look she was giving her.

"I didn't say anything." Emily replied with a smile on her face.

"Yeah we'll, the look on your face did it for you." Serena retorted.

"What brings you by?" Emily finally questioned her being there considering the last time she was there, dropping off her sister. "Is it Lena? Because of the parent teacher conferences coming up?"

"The school called me about that actually but that's not it." She said as she took out some papers for the diner. "I still have some things I need to discuss with Lena, actually I need to discuss everything with her but if it's okay I want you to teach me how to make something, if that's okay." Serena asked as she watched Emily grab a hold of the recipe.

Serena watched in anticipation as Emily studied  the ingredients. "Are you sure you want me to teach you?" Emily asked her unsure herself. This was big, for one, a family recipe was being shared and two, she was learning from someone who isn't Mia.

"I'm sure. Mom always said that your baking could tame even the wildest of beasts, I never understood what she meant until I saw how all the guys ate your cupcakes." She giggled. "They actually looked civilized." She finished.

Emily and Serena both laughed when they heard a chorus of "Hey." coming from the living room where the rowdy boys were sitting. Serena then took a seat herself at the kitchen table where Emily followed suit. Still with the papers in hand, Emily was about to ask something when everyone heard the front door slam open revealing a very angry Lena standing in the door way. Serena looked surprised at first, seeing her sister for the first time in months since she dropped her off and just as she was about to say something Lena beat her to it.

"When were you going to tell me?" Lena asked her older sister as soon as she opened the door. "Or were you ever going to tell me?" She continued leaving her sister no time to speak. "How can you do this and not tell me about it?"

"Okay Lena, I know you're upset." Serena spoke as she stood up but was interrupted.

"Upset." Lena continued. "You think I'm upset?" She continued as she ignored everyone in the room and focused on her older sister.

Serena immediately looked at Paul "You told her." She asked and stated at the same time and before he could deny her statement Lena butted in again.

"He knows, of course he knows." She said as she rolled her eyes. "No he didn't tell me, he didn't have to tell me. I saw you." She said before gesturing to Paul and her Serena. "The both of you."

"I'm sorry what do you mean "You saw us"?" She asked. "What were you doing out so late?"

"I was out with Seth." She answered her sister with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Out with Seth? What do you mean out with Seth?" Serena continued to question her sister. "Like a date?" She added one last burning question as Lena began to blush.

"No!" She yelled in a flustered state. "Besides you were the one on the date." She stated as her hand went to point out Paul who was staring between the sisters as was everyone else. "Were you ever going to tell me?" She questioned Serena as she began to cry.

"I was going to tell you about it, I just didn't know how to tell you?" Serena answered her.

"Didn't know how to tell me?" Lena said barely above a whisper as she was nodding her head. "Right. Well do whatever the hell you want." She said aloud as she began to walk away from everyone, but not before mumbling "You're gonna do it anyways."

"Hey." Emily, Sam and Serena all said at once for her attitude.

"Lena, hey!" Serena grabbed her attention before she disappeared to her room.

"How could you do it?" Lena questioned her sister before turning to face her. "How could you get rid of it so easily?"

Serena furrowed her eyebrows at her sister's last question. "Is that what you think I'm doing?" She questioned her back.

"Aren't you?" Lena replied back.

"No." Serena answered her as she walked up to her sister and began to kneel to be at her sister's level before she continued. "It's one of the only things we have left of mom, I would never get rid of it." She continued in a low soft voice.

"Then why—" Lena began to question but was interrupted by her sister knowing what she was going to ask.

"Is it covered?" She finished for her as Lena nodded her head. "Because I'm changing the name."

"You're changing it?" Jared's asked butting in to the sister's conversation. As Serena looked over her shoulder and back to Lena, you could tell even she forgot there were others in the room.

"Yeah. The diner is ours and it's about time we make it ours. Starting with the name." She finished as she looked at her sister, handing her the paperwork with the new name on it.

A/N: Hello My Fellow Readers, I just want to keep you updated on my book and my posting schedule as promised. Work has been keeping me on my toes per usual, coming home extremely tired and getting sleep when I can, however I have found a balance that works for me, at least for the time being. I will be writing during the week when I can but I will mainly be writing on Saturdays and posting on Sundays. I won't be posting every weekend but every other weekend, for right now that is maintainable for me. Also I will be posting the first chapter of my new book "Her Protector, His Anchor" a Teen Wolf Fanfic, this book will be an Isaac Lahey X OC book. I will keep you updated on any new plans that may arise with my books and like always I want to thank you for your support for my book "The Unknown Banshee".