Chapter Twenty Three

Paul watched as Serena began to mutter to herself. With her head in her hands everything was muffled and her mumbling didn't help him hear what she was saying so he just watched her.

"Get out of my head" she began to whisper more clearly. "Just get out of my head."

He continued to watch as she clutched her head in her hands trying to block out the voices, the whispers but nothing seemed to work for her. So he ignored the white wolf's warning and made his way to her and wrapped his arms around her, and in that moment the whispering came to a halt. Even the white wolf was impressed. He grabbed her head in his hands and made her look at him.

"Look at me" he told her as he cradled her head.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him with tears running down her cheeks.

"I'm protecting you." He answered her.

"You shouldn't be here either." She told him as he looked at her with a confused face.

"What do you mean, Rena?" He asked in confusion.

"It's whispering is louder in here than it is out there." She told him. "So you need to wake up."

"Wake up Paul." She continued to tell him. "You need to wake up."

"I don't understand." He told her as he shook his head in disbelief because what she was telling him he wasn't understanding. He then felt a hand on his shoulder and saw his Angel shaking her head. "I don't get it."

"I know" she whispered to him.

"Where did-" he started but before he could continue he was interrupted by Angel.

"The white wolf go?" She finished for him knowing he was going to ask that since he was looking around to ask questions to something he didn't understand. "He left."

"What do you mean left?" He said in anger and disbelief. How could he leave his Angel behind, how come he wasn't watching over her. "He just left you here?"

She shook her head. "He left because the whispering became too much for him." She watched him, analyzing him as he continued to shake his head. "You're just not in tune with it yet, not like the white wolf is."

He looked at her as she was looking back at him with sad eyes.

"What?" He questioned her once he noticed the look she was giving him.

At this point she was starting to get frustrated. And it was starting to show, she made the same scowling face he did when he was angry or upset. He just wasn't getting it and all these questions weren't helping. But again this was all new to him just as much as it was for her.

"You need to wake up. It'll hurt more when you're not expecting it, especially because you're so close to her." She told him.

The white wolf came in and growled in warning. Paul looked at him confused as he backed away. The wolf was protecting the banshee, it didn't matter who was there. He was protecting her.

The Wolf and The Banshee.

"Wake up" Angel told him as he got up and everything starting spinning for him.

"Wake up" Serena told him as was now standing.

"Wake up" they said in unison.

Paul awoke with a jolt from his body, he looked at Serena who was now laying on her back. It was like a nightmare. He soon realized how right he was when he had to instantly cover his ears when she awoke screaming like a banshee.

He then immediately wrapped his arms around her as she continued to scream. Paul was sure the other wolves heard it and sure enough, he was right because he started to hear them howl. Soon enough Serena even slowed down her scream as she began to feel Paul's arms around her, she brought her own around his and leaned against his chest.

"He's gonna die" she whispered before falling back to sleep in his arms.

The next morning as Serena was waking up, she stretched and felt the other side of the bed, cold and made like it hasn't been slept in.

"Paul?" She said aloud waiting for a response.

She went downstairs to the kitchen but there was no trace of him there but as she walked around in the silence, she couldn't help but feel,

Alone.

The Unknown Banshee जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें