5. Class Time

Haresa

I flicked the metal ring on my wrist with my other hand. It zapped my skin with electricity every few seconds which only made me scrunch my nose up. This usually didn't bother me but it felt extra itchy today.

Sheldon trudged through the door with a sour expression. Our eyes made contact for a split moment before he looked away. It looked like he wasn't able to get the bracelet off.

He glanced back at me and I raised an eyebrow in confusion. He proceeded to flip the middle finger towards me and took a seat.

I don't think he was happy.

I turned my attention to the seat and Rudra had a mildly shocked expression. I waved my hand to signal it was alright but his eyes were fixated on my wrist.

He pointed at my wrist. "Why is the bracelet on your right hand today?"

I clicked my tongue. "Different teacher did it today. Apparently, the regular teacher called in sick."

"That sucks."

"Mm, it's not too bad." If Sheldon heard me complain about the bracelet, he probably would have my neck.

"How's Mia? You told me you two were going to a nice little restaurant for the break."

"Ah..." I nibbled my bottom lip. "We... didn't get to do that."

"That sucks, did something happen?" Rudra instinctively put a hand on my arm.

I shook my head. "Just... nothing I can't handle."

"If you say so but if you want to talk you know I'm here for you."

"Thanks, let's just... talk about something else." I pushed my bracelet up my arm. "Did you do anything on the break?"

"Mostly just stayed home and watched the rest of Friends."

My lips pulled inward. "Did you like it?"

That was when he made a face. "Not really but I had nothing else to do."

A smile crept up on my face as I let out a small laugh. "Why would you torture yourself like that?"

"I wanted to see why people liked it so much!"

"Class, settle down now." The teacher called out from the front of the class. "The bell rang five minutes ago."

The classroom chatter began to die down and the teacher smiled brightly. I could hear a loud exhale from the side of the classroom and I didn't have a hard time guessing who it came from.

"Hello class, I am Ms. Lemming. Before we begin, I would like to do an icebreaker so I can get to know everyone better. We'll go around telling our names or preferred names, what you did over the break, and any other fun fact you would like to share. I'll go first. I'm Ms. Lemming, I went skiing over the break and my fun fact is that I own a cat and two dogs."

The icebreaker slowly made its way around the classroom as people recited their facts. Ms. Lemming would make small remarks after each person's introduction and I could feel myself get nervous. What fact should I tell?

I looked up and noticed that Ms. Lemming was giving me a patient stare. My mouth went dry and I attempted to put on a smile.

"Hi, I'm Haresa. I stayed at home for the break and uh..." What should I say? "I'm a licenced hero."

"That's amazing, I didn't know people could get licenced so young."

I let out an awkward laugh. "Yeah, there are a few exceptions to the rules and I was one of them funny enough."

"That's amazing."

Ms. Lemming turned her attention to Rudra and the conversation continued. I tuned out of most of it before Sheldon spoke up.

"I'm Sheldon. I did nothing. I'm new to the school." That was all he had to say?

"I'm new around here too, are you liking it around here?"

"Eh."

A small wave of laughter erupted through the class.

"It's definitely to adjust to new settings. Alright, so today we'll be refreshing on what we know. Does anybody know what the five elements of plot structure are?"

I turned my head towards Sheldon and frowned. He mentioned he was just here for a degree but why was he really here? What would he need a degree for?

There had to be more to this. Whatever he has planned, I had to be one step ahead.