92. Homerun

Sheldon

I was still pissing myself laughing in the bleachers with my hands over my mouth.

If only I could see Reynard's face. He was clearly so ticked off it almost made me forget the uneasiness from the last time we talked. Whether he was a part-time villain doing anti-hero work or ended up as some random's minion, it didn't matter at the moment because it was priceless.

Shithead doesn't deserve to talk to me directly anyways.

Carabao was on the other side of the stadium, tapping every other chair with one baton. He seemed annoyed as he kept tugging at the bandana that covered his mouth.

The playing field was out of bounds now because of all of the glass. They had to be protecting something or else the escape location wouldn't be here.

I made my move as I made sure I stealthily crawled down the stairs and made sure none of my homemade weapons were slipping out of my vest.

Carabao was a slow person with his movements which made it easier for me to think and strategize. I didn't realize it at the moment but I completely stopped moving to fully think over the plan.

Just as I thought I had everything figured out, Haresa and Carabao seemed to have found each other.

Loud explosions and shouts erupted from the two as Haresa attempted to outrun the guy but he used his trick of slowing them down.

My hand flew into one pocket and took out a dart. I made sure that the heat tracking setting was turned on before throwing it toward Carabao. It flew through the air, barreling toward the powered boy so fast that I was disappointed when I had to duck down so he wouldn't find my position as easily.

When I felt like I crawled far enough away from my last hiding spot, I looked over the benches to see Haresa in midair. They were falling towards me and I panicked. My reflexes were too slow and I found myself cushioning their fall. I was on my back but luckily my backpack was pushed in a weird way to cushion my head. My arms weren't feeling as great since it was being restricted by the straps and Haresa was on top of me.

"What the heck, Sheldon?" Haresa hissed. "Where did you come from?"

I had to do a double-take. "I thought we established this multiple times especially since we were both made in laboratories."

"No, not like that," they hissed. "Like you were on the other side earlier."

"Ohhh."

They ducked and pushed my shoulders down so they could lay flatter on me and I let out a grunt.

"Where is he?" I asked them. I tried to be as quiet as possible but they seemed overwhelmed.

They had shut their eyes tightly and were chewing on their bottom lip as if they were trying to process what was happening.

"What did you throw at him?" Haresa asked.

"A dart."

"What kind of dart?"

"Just a dart."

"Poison? Sleeping dart? Something else?"

"No, just a dart. Why?"

"I was waiting for him to fall down dramatically. I can still hear him walking around."

"Well, yeah. I don't have any poison to use."

"Then what was the point of that?"

"A distraction. You're welcome."

There was a flash of movement over Haresa's shoulder and my hand flew to my pocket to throw a smoke bomb.

The smoke covered every inch of the immediate area and my arms pushed Haresa up so I could attempt to escape as well.

Carabao was caught in the action and the smoke slowed down and stopped moving completely at a certain point. Through the very thin layer of smoke, I could see the top of his head slowly come into view.

I threw another bomb toward him and his eyes lifted just in time to see it. There was a slight pulse of his pupil and the bomb froze in midair. I didn't have any hope of running away and waited to see if he would do anything.

He calmly walked around the bomb that was now suspended in the air and pointed a baton at me.

"Enough with your toys," Carabao said. "You'll face me like a man."

I snorted. "Are you going to make me freeze in place now?"

His eyes flickered to the bomb that was still in midair before kicking it toward me. I yelped and dove out of the way, not without throwing another dart in his direction.

My knees slid on the ground and briefly lost control to the point that I fell down a step. I ended up underneath the seats which gave me enough cover from the explosion that went off.

"He won't die, right? You don't have a license to kill or anything like that," Haresa asked nervously.

They had managed to sneak up behind me and I realized that they had used their super speed to get away from the explosion before circling back.

"He won't die," I said. "I think."

Haresa's face paled and I got to my feet.

"Did you see anywhere that looked odd?" I asked them and they shook their head.

"Everything looks normal, even the announcement booth looks normal."

"Did you check inside it?" I asked them and they went silent. "Okay, we know where to go next."

There was a loud grunt that came from Carabao and Haresa met my eyes with panic.

I averted my gaze. "There may have been chili powder in the bomb. It'll give us a few minutes at least."

Haresa tapped their foot nervously. "Let me carry you to the booth. It'll be faster that way."

My reflex was to wrinkle my face in disgust but my mind thought of Carabao and how we didn't know any of his weaknesses.

"Fine."