94. Loud

Sheldon

Because Reynard took my watch, we had to take a cab back to Haresa's place. Especially since Haresa was still weak from the sonic attack, they weren't able to use their super speed and take us home.

We came back empty handed and the whole thing ended up being an elaborate trap. I never had been on this side of the fight before but I didn't like it at all. Haresa could only give a grin and said we'll get them next time as if they weren't so bothered by the whole ordeal.

We went through all that and now we had to get ready for a damn dance and pretend everything was okay. It had only been two days from then but it still bothered me.

I adjusted my glasses on my face and sighed. It was a miracle that these survived not only the mission but Haresa's possession for a few hours. If anything happened to these glasses, I would be losing my mind. I suppose the fact that this was the second time my watch was targeted, also meant I wasn't as upset about it.

Which was why I put a security feature when I repaired it last time. Unless Reynard knows the code, the watch will be playing a certain aquatic predator's children's song on loop for hours while the watch is rendered absolutely unusable.

"Sheldon, are you ready?" Haresa called out.

"Yeah," I said and exited the bedroom.

Haresa stood in front of me wearing a yellow dress. Beading covered the top part and it surprisingly had silky sleeves that went up to their elbows. Their dad was right behind them already taking pictures and they obviously seemed embarrassed by the whole situation.

The moment their eyes landed on me their face fell.

"You're not wearing that," Haresa said.

"What's wrong with my attire?" I asked as I looked down at my outfit.

I was wearing my new coat and the rest of my villain outfit which was made from very fine material. Since this was a more formal event, I figured I would wear my best clothes.

"You should wear something more formal and less... work."

"Well, it was either this or my usual turtleneck."

"Wait wait," Mr. Saenin said. "I go get."

He quickly left the room and I glanced at Haresa. They gestured for me to wait and I did. Their father quickly came back with a tuxedo on a hanger.

"Should be good size," he said. "It no fit anymore."

My hands slowly took the clothes from him and I raised my eyebrows to Haresa to ask if it was actually okay. They nodded and I awkwardly shuffled back to the bedroom.

It took me a few moments but I managed to get the tux on before I stepped out of the room.

"I might need help with the tie," I said, the tie dangling uselessly from my hands.

Mr. Saenin seemed busy recording everything and spoke to Haresa in Thai. They gave a stiff okay sign before they took the tie from me. They slung the tie to the back of my neck and pulled it gently.

"Lean forward, will you? You're still a little taller than me." They couldn't meet my eyes and I nodded.

They probably still feel awkward since the mission went so poorly.

I tried not to focus too much on their fingers brushing my skin every so often while they tied it. When they were finished, they let go of the tie and flipped down my collar.

"There," they said with a smile. "You look good."

"Yeah?" I straightened the tie and felt my face get warm.

The tux was just making me feel hot.

"Go look in mirror!" Mr. Saenin said and gestured wildly to the mirror.

He looked too excited for me to say no so I went to the full-length mirror near the doorway. I wasn't sure what the excitement was about and the moment glanced at the mirror, my hands dropped to my sides.

"Woah."

Not only did the clothes fit me perfectly but they made my shoulders look broader. Every angle of the suit was sharp which made me look good. Actually good.

My fingers touched the edges of the coat and I tugged on it before leaning back. I didn't even bother to hold back my smile and I turned around to pose and look over my shoulder.

"Yes, yes, now face this way so I can take picture," Mr. Saenin said. "Come, come. Pose."

I forgot that Haresa and their dad were still in the room and I sheepishly did a pose for the camera.

"Where did your confidence go?" Haresa teased. "Pose like you mean it."

"Ah, go pose too. Group picture."

"Wait, Pa."

"Go, go. We have to leaving soon. I want to get picture."

They listened to their dad and stood beside me. Their shoulders were slumped and I laughed.

"Now, where's your confidence?" I bumped my shoulder against theirs.

"Don't be so loud and shut it," they said with a grin.

I laughed before I put my arm around them. I wasn't sure why I did that but by the time I noticed what I'd done, the picture was already taken.

They slipped out from my arm and their foot bounced against the ground impatiently. "We should head to the school now. They'll need help with set up."

Even though I was still pissed about the loss, maybe I could take my mind off of things tonight.