11. Twenty Minutes

Haresa

Sheldon didn't show up for the rest of the week. I couldn't help but feel anxious. I kept checking my phone to see if there were any villain alerts that I had to keep my eye on. The screen would only show me a blank page as another hero had already claimed it or nothing significant was happening.

I didn't think he would even show up today but in the middle English class. He took the seat that was pressed up next to the side blackboard. He leaned against it before instantly leaning away and looked at his clothes. Looked like he realized that they didn't clean those blackboards from what I can judge from his bitter frown.

I looked forward and quickly read over the writing at the front of the class. I jotted the notes down quickly and looked at the clock. Did twenty minutes pass already?

The GSA meeting was today.

"Alright, I'll give you guys the last ten minutes to work on your classwork and ask any questions." Ms. Lemming placed her textbook on the teacher's desk.

Students instantly turned to each other and began to chat amongst themselves while some scurried to Ms. Lemming for advice. Rudra seemed to be busy talking to other students himself and I kept to myself. What should I even do?

I sighed and slumped in my seat. The hard plastic jabbed into my back and I scrunched up my nose. I wished high schools would actually have comfortable seats instead of this plastic abomination.

My eyes drifted to Sheldon and I quickly looked away as I saw his eyes staring directly at me.

I slowly turned my head again to make sure he wasn't still staring but unfortunately, he was.

He lifted a hand and motioned it for me to come.

I pressed my lips together and stood up. I nearly tripped over the leg of the desk but quickly regained my composure and walked over to him. I plastered on a small smile in an attempt to look friendly. Maybe he'll soften up if I showed him kindness.

His expression remained neutral.

"Yes?" I tilted my head to the side.

"Did the paparazzi stop stalking you or do I have to worry about more weirdos that froth at the mouth?"

"No, they moved onto the next thing already, I think. I saw they were swarming some other hero."

"Are you sure?"

I recoiled slightly with a shrug. "I don't know. I'm not part of the paparazzi."

"Hm." His eyes looked distant and he seemed to be thinking over something.

I rocked back and forth on my heels. "Why?"

His eyes focused back on me. "One of them figured out I was your foe so I wanted to make sure my name was kept out of the news cycle."

My eyes widened slightly. "Are you okay?"

"Huh?"

I clasped my hands together and propped my chin on them.

"Like... they can be vicious sometimes so like... I was just wanted to make sure you were alright."

His mouth was slightly agape and his brow was creased. "Yeah, I'm fine, I suppose. I can take care of myself anyways."

"Ah... okay." I lifted my hands into finger guns. "You good for GSA then?"

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't have to do club activities."

I scratched my cheek. "Well... uh... If you have any questions let me know?"

The bell rang and I looked back to my desk. I hesitated for a moment before I went back to my desk and shoved the loose sheets of paper into my binder. Rudra put a hand on my desk and I looked up with raised eyebrows.

"Hey, I'm going to the washroom so I'll meet you up in the clubroom, okay?"

I nodded enthusiastically. "Okay, I'll see you there."

He left the room and I found myself struggling to put my binder into my bag. After a few moments, I managed to put it in and zipped the bag shut. What surprised me the most was that Sheldon was standing next to my desk.

"Whaaa..." I slowly tilted my head, unsure if he still wanted to talk.

His sharp gaze peered at me through his glasses. "GSA? Room?"

Ah right, he probably had no clue where it was.

"Of course." I slung my bag over my shoulder. "Let's go together."