66. Irresponsible

Sheldon

This fucking lunatic just keeps attacking me. I'm not a hero so I'm not being paid for this shit.

He seemed to be able to slow people around him but judging by the fact that he didn't use my powers on me and only on Haresa, he probably can only use them on one person at a time.

Carabao threw a baton at me and I attempted to dodge it. It nicked my shoulder and I let out a hiss. I used one shield already, I haven't used my powers in a fight in a long time so I don't know my limits anymore. At this rate, I'll be laying on the ground before the crowd can boo me off the stage.

Haresa had gotten up quickly and getting ready to run towards the guy. He seemed oblivious to it all as he kept on his eyes focused on me.

Haresa tried to get a few kicks in but he managed to block them with his batons. The constant spinning didn't seem to just be for show at least. Haresa didn't seem to be using the fullest extent of their powers to prevent anyone from getting hurt but they aren't doing a very good job of getting Carabao to screw off.

I needed a plan. A really good plan.

I picked up the baton he threw at me and the echoes of the people shouting made my head too crowded to think.

My hand was in front of me and I could only watch what I had done in horror as Carabao plucked the baton from the air like it was nothing. He used both batons to hit Haresa square in the stomach and sent them tumbling into the ring's ropes.

I dove towards my seat and reached under it for my bag. I quickly put on my glasses and my watch and began to put in the combination.

"Eh," Carabao mumbled something under his breath before his eyes fixated on my watch. "Right."

Panic rose up faster than Haresa could land a punch on Carabao and I scrambled away before he could block the attack. My hand slipped and my watch made an error noise.

I don't know what the fuck he wants with my watch but I had a feeling that he didn't need to know what time it was.

I slid into the hallway before taking a sharp turn, my legs too shaky to keep up with my sudden movements. I heard metal crash behind me and I felt the ground shake.

The loud thumps of footsteps approach me and dread was now dripping down my face. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a familiar flash of yellow and my dread quickly turned into aggravation.

Haresa didn't seem to break a sweat and it must've been the equivalent of a light jog for them. "Do you—"

"I can't run and shout like you! I'll run out of breath."

Haresa took the liberty to attempt to lift me into their arms. There were two issues with that idea 1) they didn't have any upper arm strength and 2) I didn't want to be carried.

"Fuck—" I wheezed, "—off."

Carabao didn't seem to need much time to catch up as I could hear him banging a baton against the wall. He was faintly muttering to himself but I didn't have time to pay attention as I was still trying to get Haresa to drop me.

"Strop struggling and let me carry you to safety! Make the responsible decision of being saved instead of the irresponsible one!" They said as they struggled to carry me.

"I don't need your help!"

They managed to lift me into their arms and let out a grunt. "I need to touch your head to support it."

"Oh, don't act as if you didn't want to snap my neck a few times."

"This isn't the time for this!"

They propped a hand on the back of my neck and I could see Carabao's eyes narrow in on us as if he knew what was about to happen.

Haresa was struggling to figure out how to carry me to really notice the baton being thrown at us.

I raised my arm to block the attack. Before I could process my action, my watch shattered leaving me stunned.

Carabao seemed to have the same reaction as he halted in his tracks and had wide eyes. I tapped Haresa's shoulder and they were oblivious to my signal.

"I heard he stopped running, I think something held him up," Haresa said as they continued to struggle to carry me.

"He's not chasing us anymore. Put me down."

"We should still get away if we can."

"Do you have super selective hearing? I said he's not chasing us anymore!"

That snapped them out of their focus and their head whipped back to see Carabao retreating back to the arena. He probably needed to catch his flight.

"What happened?" Haresa looked confused and could only stare at the masked super.

I looked down at my watch grimly. I had my theories.