Chapter 7

Cannon Fodder Chapter 7: Phoenix Awakened 7: Practice

Yu Ze was expecting Long Yuan to say that he had a tendency to be a Mushroom Awakened. He was also worried about being too suspicious. After all, whoever learned that he was slow to react would be nervous and frightened. He pressed down the excitement in his heart and looked at Long Yuan dryly.

Long Yuan looked at him with pity. For any Awakened, becoming a Mushroom Awakened was a big shock. Long Yuan was silent for a moment, "Maybe you're too tired from the shock today."

This was the most believable comfort he could come up with.

After all, Feng Ze was a beast ancestor gene carrier, not an ordinary person.

He quickly said, "I'm going to eat." Turning around, he left the dormitory.

Yu Ze opened his mouth and watched Long Yuan leave with regret. Soon, he was happy again. Planting a seed in his roommate's heart so quickly — suspecting him of being a mushroom — had gone well!

Late at night, Yu Ze was awakened by thirst. He woke up depressed and thought to himself that the food in the cafeteria was really too heavy. He rubbed his eyes, turned on the light, pushed the door and walked out. The light in the room crossed the door and fell to the living room floor, which lit up a bit.

The sound of "gurgling..." water came from his left, sounding extra clear in the quiet environment.

Yu Ze was startled, turned his head to look over, and saw a dark figure standing in front of the water fountain in the corner, tilting his head and holding a bucket of water to drink.

Yu Ze was stunned by the situation, who could be this thirsty?!

Yu Ze stood at the door, ready to wait for Long Yuan to finish drinking before pouring water for himself. But after a while, he realized that something was wrong.

He glanced at Long Yuan's stomach, it was bloated!

He took two steps that way, "You can't drink any more."

Long Yuan came back from his immersion in drinking water, moved a little, put down the bucket, and looked at Yu Ze.

Yu Ze clearly saw a flash of gold in Long Yuan's eyes, as if he was a beast. He was instinctively startled and took a step back.

"Did I make noise?" Long Yuan covered his stomach and pressed his brow, his voice not quite comfortable.

Yu Ze heard his voice and his mood calmed down.

Long Yuan was a Green Dragon Awakened, and was in the late stage of Awakening. His eyes would normally change color!

He shook his head, "No, I was just thirsty and wanted to drink water."

Long Yuan looked down at the bucket of water which he had drunk from, it was still half-full. He explained dryly, "I don't usually drink water like this."

Yu Ze didn't care much, he hummed and looked at Long Yuan's stomach which was covered with his hand, "Are you uncomfortable?"

"No." Long Yuan quickly retorted, but his stomach did not heed his hand that pressed down on it and immediately let out an 'ug' sound.

"Don't say anything!" Long Yuan felt humiliated and tilted his head towards the wall, then glared at Yu Ze, gritting his teeth in warning.

Yu Ze held his smile and nodded, "Okay." He was not so sure, and thinking about the director's instructions, he asked, "Should I take you to the infirmary?"