Chapter 43

Cannon Fodder Chapter 43: My Tears Are Pearls 1: Difficult

Yu Ze took advantage of his coma to analyze the reasons for the success of the first two world missions.

In the first world, he took a detour, and eventually succeeded because his lover was Long Yuan, the first grandson of the Long family, who easily killed the villain. In the second world, he revealed the villain and changed the events of the original's death.

The summary was, hold a leg or change the original plot.

Yu Ze finished his summary, and was speculating about what he might encounter in this world when his brain suddenly flooded with memories that did not belong to him. This time, he returned to his senses faster than the previous two worlds because his new identity, the original's experience, was very simple, but very painful.

This was a highly developed interstellar era, there were many human planets as well as uninhabited planets. Uninhabited planets were not suitable for human habitation, but rich in resources, which made them human resource collection points.

The original was not human, but was seen by humans as a resource — a mermaid.

Since many places had highly developed technology and social peace, many aristocrats and upper class people turned their attention to a variety of rare and beautiful treasures. The most loved by the rich people of Ketuo Star were the tears of mermaids.

Mermaid tears would turn into pearls; round, big and bright, and the surface looked like a layer of moonlight at night, especially beautiful. Mermaids were naturally wild and fierce, and moved in groups, and were very difficult to catch. So mermaid tears were rare and precious.

The original liked solitary survival, and the lack of other wild mermaids. Because of greed, he followed the school of fish from the reef after the coral reef and went out. He was accidentally caught by the treasure hunters of the Ketuo City Sky Auction House.

The memory after that was a nightmare, and the little mermaid suffered inhuman torture at all times. Those people saw him as a treasure trove, tortured him every moment to make him shed tears and tried to make him cry. The little mermaid was transferred from Sunset Moon Star to Ketuo Star, but in a day's time, his silver scales had become dull. Many scales were plucked off, blood stained his tail and disappeared into the water.

Later, he was kept in the pool of the auction house, where he would be given food every day, and when he was full, he endured another round of torture, until he had shed enough tears and those people had obtained enough pearls. The auction house found that his condition was not right and only slightly restrained their torture, but every day they wanted a fixed amount of pearls, and if the number was not met, they would continue to torture him.

Then the little mermaid finally could not stand it and when no one was looking, he climbed out of the pool, trying to commit dehydration suicide.

But a more tragic tragedy occurred, he did not die of dehydration. For some reason, his tail gradually warmed up, turned into human feet, the scales on his hands and face also faded, and he became the same as humans.

When the little mermaid was at a loss for words, he was found by the staff, who was so amazed, that he was sent to the Institute, where he died of torture.

Yu Ze inherited the memories of the little mermaid, and he was shocked, sad and angry. He opened his eyes and saw the marble floor in front of him. His hand was on the side of his face, long and white, and then he noticed that his feet were faintly hot. He hurriedly propped himself up and turned his head, and saw the memory of the silvery fishtail, which had now turned into a pair of long, slender legs.