Chapter 20

Cannon Fodder Chapter 20: Phoenix Awakened 20: Enough

When the countdown reached one, the floor below the passengers compartment slid open from the middle and all the students on board felt a strong sense of weightlessness at the same time.

"Whoa~"

"Ahh!!!"

Excitement and screams rang in their ears as Yu Ze unfolded his wings and quickly stabilized himself and dove toward the direction Long Yuan had fallen. Various non-flying beast Awakened ones quickly descended downward, bestializing in mid-air, looking like a rain of animals to Yu Ze.

Yu Ze had not yet reached the ground when he heard a chilling, mournful cry; the sound of a zombie beast. He looked over. A half-face rotten zombie beast in a hollow; he only saw its reflection on the water stains when the zombie beast disappeared.

At the same time, his bracelet lightly sounded; it was the prompt for receiving points.

Yu Ze landed on the ground, Long Yuan raised his eyebrows at him, "Killed one."

Yu Ze smiled, "You're really good."

Someone landed not far away, saw them and moved in another direction. With these big guys around, how could they get ahead? Avoidance was the best policy.

Soon, Bai Yan, Xuan Miao and Xiao Lu rendezvoused with them.

The five people fought superbly, and their journey was very smooth. Other teams encountered them and almost all of them turned away, doing their best to avoid them.

By the third day, Yu Ze scouted the location of a zombie group, while the zombie group detected the breath of the living.

Bai Yan pointed to the red dot marked on the map, "They're surrounded."

Long Yuan said, "Just take care of all the zombie beasts."

Bai Yan agreed, "Mn, our speed must be fast, or they won't survive long and we will have a lot less points."

One zombie beast was one point, and one hostage was two points.

Xiao Lu proposed, "Feng Ze and I are fast. We can go distract them. You guys go save the people. After the people are saved, we can kill them all together."

Xiao Lu was a deer Awakened and could run fast, and Yu Ze could fly, making him the fastest in the group.

Yu Ze nodded, "Okay."

Long Yuan reminded them, "Run around and don't get too far away from us."

The plan of battle was set and Yu Ze and Xiao Lu appeared behind the group of zombies with a big smile. As soon as the breath of the living got closer, the zombie beasts sensed it and the outermost ones turned and lunged at them.

Yu Ze and Xiao Lu quickly ran forward, but the two controlled their speed. If the zombie beasts were too far away, they slowed down slightly and kept fishing for them.

The sound of beasts howling also came from the race communicator as Long Yuan said, "This side is finished. Xiao Lu, lead some of them towards us first, A'Ze continue to go forward and kill them in batches."

Yu Ze sighed, so fast. He replied, "Okay."

Xiao Lu turned around, some of the zombie beasts followed him, and some of them followed Yu Ze. Yu Ze flew in mid-air, keeping a distance from the zombie beasts. After flying for a while, his heart fluttered. He sensed that something was wrong; it was too quiet.

"Long Yuan? Bai Yan?" He called out to his teammates.

A soft laugh reached his ears, although it was a laugh, but a chill, "This time, you can not escape."