Chapter 13

Cannon Fodder Chapter 13: Phoenix Awakened 13: Accident

During recess in the morning, Yu Ze sat in his seat, tapping his finger on his bracelet, looking torn. Should I send a message to Long Yuan now and ask if he needs help taking his lunch back to his dorm room at noon?

There's still one more class to go, so it's too early to ask, as if you're being solicitous.

"Beep, beep..." As he was struggling, his bracelet rang. He hastily opened it, with a hidden expectation in his heart.

Academic Affairs Office, "Yu Ze student, please come to the Academic Affairs Office immediately."

A little disappointed, he paused for a moment at Long Yuan's name in the contact list, closed the bracelet, and got up to walk out.

At the door of the classroom, he met up with a group of two students, and he couldn't help but be surprised; he had been watching them, and they stayed almost motionless in their seats except for when each class ended and after school. He was in thought when he was bumped into from behind. He turned around and one of the other students in the group blinked and after at least three seconds his eyes fell on him, "Sorry."

Yu Ze paused for two seconds to reply, "It's okay." He took a step to the side and moved out of the way.

The student crossed him and walked towards the stairs. Yu Ze continued walking with doubts in his mind, and two more people walked past him, one after the other.

Yu Ze had some impressions of these two people, and had often seen them under the trees in the afternoon classes in the past two days.

He thought, are they going to be assigned to a different class?

In the Academic Affairs Room, Director Zhao of the Freshmen Department frowned and sat on a bench, looking at Director Wang of the Logistics Department who was dressed in a suit, "These students, some of them have been in the Freshmen Department for less than a month, isn't it too urgent?"

Director Wang replied, "There is no rush, the virus research lab side said that Mushroom Awakened are better at the beginning." He reassured, "I know you care about talent, you do not need to worry. To the Logistics Department, being sent to the research laboratory side is an honor. If they are an Awakened person, they will certainly be detected, then we will send them back. Then you can slowly observe the changes much faster."

Director Zhao said in a deep voice, "Can you guarantee that the drug test will not cause them harm?"

Director Wang laughed dryly, he really couldn't guarantee it. "Don't worry, in case of injury, the school will take full responsibility, and the student will be cured as soon as possible." He added, "Director Zhao, this is an order from above. You should understand what the antidote for the zombie virus means!"

Director Zhao sighed, "If I didn't understand, I wouldn't have cooperated with the work."

It didn't take long for all the students in the Freshman Department who had Mushroom Awakened tendencies to stand in the faculty office.

Yu Ze had already had a suspicion, and when he saw them, he was almost sure. He just wondered why it was so sudden, and even two of them, like him, were not supposed to be in the same group.

According to the process, students who were suspected of being mushrooms, but it was not completely confirmed, would be assigned to a group. They would only be transferred to the back office when it was determined that they were really Mushroom Awakened people.

Director Wang smiled kindly, "Hello students, I am Director Wang of the Logistics Department, you will now follow me to the Logistics Department."

The group of three Mushroom Awakened did not respond, and from the remaining two, one's face suddenly turned white, eyes full of reluctance, while the other immediately retorted, "No, I am a Cat Awakened person, I am not a Mushroom Awakened person! I'm not going to the Logistics Department."