Chapter 38

Cannon Fodder Chapter 38: I'm Not a Vampire 8: Come

Yu Ze was chagrined. He was so focused on the boy's injuries, he didn't care about acting as a vampire, not to mention that Carter would suddenly appear and see all this.

"Listen, let me explain." He struggled to say these words as physical tears flowed from the pain.

Carter's hand relaxed a little, "Say it!"

Yu Ze coughed heavily and kept thinking of words, "I, I didn't mean any harm, I stayed with Ayr, just..."

Carter stared at him, "Just what?"

Yu Ze was in a hurry and panic, he couldn't think of a perfect excuse and didn't say anything.

Carter laughed coldly and put more force on it, "Who are you? Are you proud of yourself for playing Ayr and me for fools?"

"No, no, I just..." He had a flash of light in his head and didn't think too much about it as he said, "It's because I like Ayr."

Carter froze, his grip loosened, "Like Ayr?"

Yu Ze was afraid that if he said it slowly Carter would increase the force again, so ignoring the pain in his neck, and quickly said, "Yes, I have seen Ayr before and fell in love with him at first sight, but I am human so I can't get close to him. I thought of disguising myself as a vampire to get close to him. I really don't mean any harm. Think about it, I've lived with him for so long. If I wanted to do something, I've had so many opportunities, why didn't I do it?"

Carter frowned in thought and let go of him, taking a step back, fangs retracted, "I can't sense your human scent."

Yu Ze responded honestly, "I've had surgery on my body."

Carter asked, "It was a major surgery, right?"

Yu Ze nodded and Carter said, "It seems you love Ayr badly."

He knew very well that humans were very afraid of pain.

Yu Ze nodded against his will to stay alive, "He's worthy of my love."

Carter clasped his hands to his chest in disbelief, "How could he have come to my place to get drunk on the ninth because you were leaving? If you like him, how come you were going to leave him?"

Yu Ze froze, "Got drunk?"

Carter nodded, "I saw him lose it for the first time after a long night of drinking," he tsked, "I mean, what's wrong with you guys? If you like each other, why don't you just say so?"

Yu Ze didn't expect Ayr to get drunk, and he couldn't help but feel guilty when he thought of Ayr's obvious good mood on the morning of the tenth. He regretted using love for Ayr as a reason to lie to Carter, but other than that, he couldn't find a suitable reason to explain why he was disguised as a vampire to stay with Ayr.

Yu Ze bit his lip, "Can you not tell him?"

"Don't tell him you're human, or that you like him?"

"Don't tell me what?"

Carter and Ayr's voices overlapped.

Yu Ze jerked his head, and saw Ayr standing at the right corner. His hair, which was always tightly covered by his hat, had fallen out, and his back was to the light, so he couldn't see his expression. Yu Ze's heart was suddenly in his throat, stiffening as he watched Ayr approach step by step.

Ayr's clothes were a bit messy. His hat was covered with a leaf, his face was expressionless, and his eyes were faintly red.

Yu Ze thought, Ayr has heard everything.