Chapter 14

Cannon Fodder Chapter 14: Phoenix Awakened 14: Popular

When Yu Ze regained consciousness, his body was stiff all over and the air smelled faintly of disinfectant. He panicked in his heart and instinctively got scared. Did the mission fail and did he return to modern times to wait for death?

"Doctor, his eyelashes are moving!" Long Yuan's voice rang out from above him.

Yu Ze's mood settled down and he opened his eyes.

Long Yuan was standing by the bed, bending down to look at him, and met his eyes. Long Yuan's eyes lit up and he quickly squatted down to close the distance between them and asked in his ear, "Does it hurt anywhere?"

Yu Ze blinked his eyes and silently felt himself for a while. His eyebrows knitted slightly. "My shoulder hurts a little. The rest is fine, but I can't move."

He really hated this feeling.

Long Yuan said, "The shoulder injury is a bit serious, but fortunately, there was no zombie virus infection. You're fitted with a fixation plate, and when it's removed, you'll be able to move."

He finished and moved aside to let the doctor remove the plate.

Soon, Yu Ze's body was free again. After thanking the doctor, he sat up, opened his bracelet and dialed Uncle Lin's communication.

Uncle Lin answered, "A'Ze, your mother is out of danger. I contacted you earlier, someone else picked up and said you were injured, how are you doing?"

Yu Ze responded, "I'm fine, is mom awake yet?"

"Not yet." Uncle Lin said.

"Please Uncle Lin, I'll come right over," he paused and asked, "Uncle Lin, after I contacted you, did anyone ask about my mom?"

Uncle Lin sounded grateful, "Young master A'Hai asked several times, he also asked me if I could do it alone. I said you would be coming over soon, so he was relieved."

Yu Ze's fingers tightened, "Mn, I know, I'll contact him later to express my gratitude to him."

Uncle Lin smiled up, "You should, ZeZe really knows what he's doing."

Hanging up the communication, Yu Ze looked serious.

Today's incident was definitely not an accident, that zombie beast could not have known that he would pass by there at that time. The only people who knew about it were Uncle Lin, and the Feng family who knew his movements. The original inferred that it was definitely Feng Sheng who moved against him. But Yu Ze couldn't understand why it had happened so suddenly.

His Awakened identity hadn't been revealed yet.

No! His mind turned. He must have been accidentally exposed.

In that case, the coherent chain of events of Xie Wan being injured, informing him to come to the hospital, and encountering the zombie beast in front of the hospital, all had an explanation.

It was arranged!

In the original plot, Feng Sheng's move against the original was in a practical training two months from now. But this time, it was more than a month earlier. He gave it a little thought, and soon, he figured out why.

After the original Awakened, his Awakening speed was fast and was widely concerning. Awakened people in general had always been strictly protected, so Feng Sheng, even if he wanted to do anything, knew it would not be smart to. Yu Ze was different from the original, he was not an Awakened person in the eyes of others, but a mushroom that was very likely to become known as a waste, even getting out of school would be very easy.