Chapter 21 : New Acquaintances

"Ayanokouji-kuuuuun"

"Hm?"

Ayanokouji looked up to see Satou slump down on her chair like a dead animal. Horikita let out a troubled smile while lightly bonking the reddish brown haired girl with her notebook.

"Satou-san, we still have 1 chapter left. Bear through it please…."

"Noooooo, my stupid brain can't take any more knowledgeeee….Ayanokouji-kunnn help meee."

She looked at the brown haired boy with hopeful eyes only to get disappointed as Ayanokouji dodged her puppy eyes without breaking a sweat.

"I think you forgot that Horikita is the leader of your group Satou….not me."

"Meanie."

Matsushita and Hasebe decided to cheer up their study mate, since they were tired as well and wanted to get the whole session to be over as soon as possible.

"You can do it Satou~"

"Fight Satou Fight~"

Unable to resist their cheers, Satou felt herself getting pumped up. But she had to play along as if their cheers didn't affect her at the slightest. So she puffed her cheeks before letting out a small sigh.

"Fine~ Let's do it Horikita-san!!!"

"Yeah~"

The other two girls joined in as well, as the black haired maiden for some reason stared at Ayanokouji.

"What? Want me to cheer as well or what?"

Hearing his question, Horikita lightly giggled to herself.

"I was not looking at you for that, but I must say, I'm kind of interested to see the ever stoic Ayanokouji-kun acting like a cheerleader."

As if influenced by her words, the other three immediately looked at the brown haired boy with stars in their eyes.

"Ayanokouji-kun!!!! Please cheer for us!! A handsome boy like you cheering would definitely make me study!!!"

To prove her point, Satou tried to grab both of Ayanokouji's hands, however the brown haired boy dodged her grip and stuffed both of his hands inside his pants, before looking at Satou with an empty stare.

"Weren't you one of the girls who called me a gloomy bastard before?"

Satou's eyes widened at his words before she immediatly looked away while nervously twiddling her fingers.

"H-huh? Oh...I wasn't evolved back then, but now I fully matured as I can clearly notice the beauty of Ayanokouji-kun~"

"Real smooth Satou-san~"

Matsushita teased the girl with a smirk on her face, as Satou looked away with a small blush of embarrassment on her face, as she started whistling to herself.

"Hey….I was planning to go meetup with one of my friend. So, can I take an early leave?"

Hasebe spoke out as she took a look at her watch, resulting in Matsushita's target of teasing to dart towards her.

"What? Are you planning to meet up with a boy, Hasebe-san?"

"Yup."

The blue haired girl nodded to her words, causing the two girls to go stiff for a second, before they let out troubled smiles.

"Hasebe-san sure likes to move fast hehe."

"Hmm what do you mean?"

"Nothing. Just forget it."