𝐺𝑂𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝑇𝑂 𝐶𝐴𝐿𝐼𝐹𝑂𝑅𝑁𝐼𝐴

BEFORE CRYSTAL WAS BORN, CORA SPENT HER DAYS DOING THE BALANCE'S BIDDINGS, she was raised to carry out the councils wishes, which entailed her traveling all over, taking care of problems, with a group of friends

BEFORE CRYSTAL WAS BORN, CORA SPENT HER DAYS DOING THE BALANCE'S BIDDINGS, she was raised to carry out the councils wishes, which entailed her traveling all over, taking care of problems, with a group of friends. Which entailed her older brother, Chris, her, Benjamin, May, and Agnes. Sometimes others would join them. Soon she or Chris would lead the council, she knew she would have a family, most likely with her boyfriend Benjamin, the two were childhood friends, came from
good families, and they were the ideal couple in the councils eyes. Chris and Agnes had been dating for years now, and they didn't necessarily hate them, they thought Chris could do better, marry better, but Chris didn't have eyes for anyone else but Agnes, or how he calls her, Aggie.

Chris and Cora didn't have any interest in leading the council, they wanted nothing to do with leading it. Chris found it dreadful and worse than death. Cora thought they were a bunch of elitist assholes, who thought they knew better than others. While Scarlett— their great great(many greats) grandmother, fought them, and made it better for them, she still had to sacrifice so much. One of the important things she sacrificed was her love, her love for Alexzander Raven, and she married their (many greats) great grandfather, William Ford, who took on the last name Fairchild, to show his undeniable alliance to Scarlett. The two weren't in love each other, but the two respected each other as friends and did hold love and affection for each other. William outlived Scarlett, who passed two years after Matteo was born. William who got to witness everyone of his sons accomplishments, and hold his grandchildren, he who held Diana and Steven Fairchild.

Cora can only think back to memories of her own grandparents fondly, her grandpa Theo, the older man was a gentle soul. Chris loved his grandfather, he was wise and Chris inherited his mischievous behavior from him. Their grandma Alice, she was rebel through and through, if Theo was getting in trouble in his youth, his partner in crime was Alice. Their grandpa Theo is a hero in their eyes, he kept the memory of their ancestor Scarlett Fairchild alive, and Cora felt like she knew her. Theo didn't want them to not marry for love, not he like his dad did, he had been a product of an unlovable marriage. His father Steve married his mother Rosemary, and it was a shit show, and he didn't have a desire to marry anyone, not if was going to be like that. Until he met Alice, Alice who was just as much trouble as he was, the two caused many headaches for the balance. He was told by his own grandpa Matt of his mother Scarlett, the all powerful witch Scarlett Fairchild, who fought too hard, fought too hard and left this world too early. How Scarlett didn't marry for love but for protection, and how she lost Alexzander, that was her epic love, and having to marry William Ford, gaining the trust of the Ford Witches, and alliance. As a fuck you to the Ford family, William dropped Ford and took on Fairchild, infuriating his father and family.

Cora knew of the stories that her grandparents told them, of how much their families had given to keep the world to keep it safe. Their love lives, the lives and at times the life's of their own children, to protect the world. Cora knew sooner or later that same fate would come for her, or someone she loves, she was more terrified of it being someone she loves than herself. She couldn't live a world with Ben, but she would be at peace knowing he was safe.

As for Ben, he couldn't live in a world without Cora, but would be at peace and gladly give up his life for Cora and her being safe. He knew what being a part of their coven means. The young adults at their table all knew what most likely would happen to them, but for now it didn't matter. Cora gets pulled out of her deep thoughts by her brother and Agnes laughing and looking so in love with each other, she couldn't help but smile. Besides her she missed how Ben looked at her, with adoration in his eyes and a smile forming on his lips as she smiles. May laughed at something Agnes said before getting up to go for another round.

BEN AND CHRIS ARE PLAYING POOL WHEN THEY SEE A KID PLAYING CARDS AND cleaning the entire house. Cora approaches them and hands a bottle of beer to Ben, and a glass of whatever the hell Chris order, to him. They make sure the kid gets his money and he moves on to hustle more people, Chris can't help but admire the kid. He was clearly great at cards. It all happened so quickly, the demons coming into the bar, Cora went for the the kid, to get him out of here.

"I'm fine!" The kid yells at her.

"You're going to get killed kid!" She says back to him. "We need to get this kid out." She tells her brother and Ben, who nod, before taking on the demons. She hides the kid bending the pool table. "I'm Cora." She says.

"Dean." He says and she nods before taking out a demon coming their way.

"Fairchild!" A distorted voice says and this causes Dean to get the cholle.

"What?" Chris and Cora yell out.

"Hey, I'm May, I'm friends with Cora, I'll get you out." The blonde woman says.

He nods saying, "Dean. The money." He motions to the table. She grabs the money and Agnes makes her way over as Ben, Cora, and Chris take care of the demon.

"Let's go." Agnes says and the demons hit the old jukebox and Going to California begins playing, Cora can't help but roll her eyes and Chris laughs.

       THE GROUP MEETS BACK UP AND THE KID DEAN IS SAFE. BEN PULLS HIM ASIDE AND hands him an extra two hundred bucks. Dean questioned him.

"Saw you hustling the people back there. Be careful when you do it." Ben tells him. "You have a parent we can call?" he asks.

"I'm fine." Dean declares.

"You're a kid. Unsupervised." Ben says and he sighs, he pulls out a small knife and hands it him. "Here, to protect yourself. Any asshole tries to come for you, use it, and run." He says and Dean nods. Ben didn't tell him the history's behind the small knife. It had been a gift from his uncle, for protection. Ben could the kid would need it, he didn't seem shaken up when the demon showed up. "Kid, what's your last name?" Ben asks.

Dean looks at him briefly before saying, "Winchester."

"Get home safe." Ben tells him and Dean nods. Weirdly enough Dean trusted the group. Cora stared at the kid, Dean as he left. She had a feeling this wouldn't be the the only time they would run into him.

_________

Words 1188Today someone I care about was born many moons ago, so you guys get an update

Words 1188
Today someone I care about was born many moons ago, so you guys get an update. Hope this upload makes you more excited for the book! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share! Check out my other stories! It would be appreciated! OMF, this chapter. If it's not clear this chapter is based on Cora and Chris, before Crystal was born. It's important and it'll be tied into a future case. Ben Barnes plays Chris, and Conor Leslie plays Cora. My face claim for Ben, my precious Ben, is Diego Luna. ❤️ one of the many loml, I gotta have the Mexican representation in my books. I cleared up how Scarlett is connected to Crystal, and the grandparents, and the Fairchild linage. I was confuse myself so I'll need to go back and edit the earlier chapters,
Update November 13, 2022