Prologue Part 2

One minute Kim Rok Soo was sitting at his desk working on paperwork with the rest of Team 1 and the next thing he knew he had blinked and was somewhere else entirely. Before he could get a good grasp on where he was, he heard a familiar voice beside him.

"Uncle!"

Looking down he saw his niece sitting on the very comfortable couch next to him. He smiled reassuringly at her even though he had absolutely no clue where they currently were or who had even brought them there (although, he had some guesses as to who it was that was capable of this).

"Hey there. I was just thinking I wanted to see you and now here you are."

Watching his niece giggle at him as some of the uncertainty faded from her eyes made him unconsciously smile.

"Awwww. Team leader is so adorable when he is with his niece."

Jerking his head up at the familiar voice, Kim Rok Soo finally noticed they weren't the only ones in the room. Sitting behind them are the other members of Team 1.

Looking back at him, with a cheeky smile after her comment, is Kim Min Ah and seated next to her is Bae Puh Rum, Jung So Hoon, and Jang Sejong.

"So team leader, you have any ideas where we are?"

Glancing around, Kim Rok Soo noticed they were in what appeared to be an incredibly large cinema with comfy couches, instead of the standard chairs, and tables with potions, medical herbs, bandages, and a variety of foods and beverages on them spaced throughout the area.

"Nope, but I'm sure the bastard responsible will let us know eventually," he replied.

"Do you know.."

A bright flash of light cut off the rest of whatever was going to be said next. When it faded and they could see again, shock kept anyone from saying anything else.

Sitting in the section of couches next to them were very confused looking familiar faces. The much larger group of people looking back at them were mostly made up of people they had seen or heard of at some point. Some they never expected to see again.

Kim Min Ah couldn't believe her eyes. Sitting just a short distance away she could see a younger version of herself and right next to her was her brother. Her very much alive brother. Her eyes filled with tears and she felt herself choke up, unable to utter a sound. It's been years since she last saw him and she couldn't even make herself move or say his name.

It wasn't until she heard Bae Puh Rum's gasp of "Min Joon-hyung" that she was able to shake herself out of her daze. She jumped up and ran toward her brother only to smack into some sort of invisible barrier separating the two sections.

"What the hell?"

One hand rubbing her head and the other held up in what appeared to be thin air, Kim Min Ah grumbled in pain and confusion.

"Seems like there is some sort of barrier between the sections," Kim Rok Soo said.

"Why?"

"It's probably the doing of the bastard that brought us here."

Hearing Kim Rok Soo's comment, various people from the other side of the barrier start mumbling before one yells out, "And who the fuck is that?"

At the shout, Kim Rok Soo looks over and happens to make eye contact with a younger version of himself. Realizing that he must be a younger version of the man now known as Cale, he wonders how similar they are and how much he has figured out already. Somewhat knowing Cale's mind's ability to put the puzzle pieces together at remarkable speeds, he figures this version of him would probably already have some idea of what's going on.

The brief moment of eye contact is enough for Kim Rok Soo to figure out that Kim Rok Soo* seems to know a lot more than he thought he would.

'Wow. He doesn't seem the least bit surprised by what's going on. Almost looks like he figured that bastard god would do something at some point and expected to get dragged into it. What the hell has Cale been up to that a younger version of himself from what is most probably a whole other world isn't even surprised by the god's shit anymore?'

Before he could contemplate anything else or just outright ask the other what he knew, he heard a somewhat vicious voice.

"Seems like you know something about that person, team leader," Kim Min Ah said with a look at him that demanded answers.

"Haa."

Sighing at what his life has come to, he resigned himself to having to come clean, at least somewhat, with what he knows.

"Unfortunately, I am acquainted with the bastard I suspect is the cause of this, but I have no clue why exactly we are all here or what they have planned. That being said, I'm sure they will eventually tell us what is going on."

As soon as those words had finished leaving Kim Rok Soo's mouth, as if summoned by those very words, a sound was heard throughout the room and all eyes were drawn to the screen at the front.

Scritch. Scritch.

Words began appearing on the screen.

"Welcome. Make yourselves comfortable and feel free to use the facilities. No harm will come to any of you here. Take this time to treat any wounds you may have, eat, drink, rest, or talk amongst yourselves. All will be explained once everyone has arrived. The barriers between sections will remain in place for safety and other reasons."

Silence reigned throughout the room and no one moved for a few minutes while everyone processed those words. Could they be trusted? Were they really safe here? Where was here? Who wrote the words on the screen? When could they go back? They had things to do. People and places to protect. What was happening in their world while they were here? So many questions and thoughts raced through their minds.

CLAP.

The loud sound jolted everyone out of their thoughts and all eyes zeroed in on the source of the sound. There stood Kim Rok Soo, hands still together after having clapped.

With a grin on his face, he looked down at his confused niece and asked, "Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm starved. How about we go and see what tasty treats we can find over there?"

Offering her his hand, he waited until she had taken it before pulling her up and heading to the closest table with food on it.

With that, the tension in the room somewhat lessened and people started to move. Some to eat or drink, some poked at the medical supplies and started to treat minor wounds they had, while others began talking amongst themselves.

While his niece chose what she wanted to eat, Kim Rok Soo glanced back over at Kim Rok Soo* to find him already looking back at him. He could see him mouth the words "Hello to the man who was Cale Henituse" at him and froze in shock.

'What? How the fuck does he know that?'

At his shocked look, Kim Rok Soo* just smirked at him.