Chapter 10

Choi Han* is really curious how that meeting will go. Just what could the transmigrator have said to change him so much?

Chapter 10: Picked It Up (3)

Deputy butler Hans immediately ordered another servant to call Choi Han over.

"Where is he right now?"

"Ah, he is with Ron in chef Beacrox's kitchen."

Cale's heart jumped as he walked into the study. Were the three of them getting along as expected?

"No," came Beacrox's immediate response.

"Sorry, Cale-nim, but your plan there didn't really work at all," Choi Han said.

"Based on what I've been told, he is learning how to cook basic dishes from chef Beacrox."

"Cooking?"

"Yes."

One corner of Cale's lips went up.

'Cooking my ass.'

They were calling it, 'cooking,' but he was probably learning about torturing or Beacrox and Ron were admiring Choi Han's sword skill. Cale didn't need to see it to know the truth.

"Cale-nim! It really was just cooking!" Choi Han said insistently.

"And it will never happen again. You are forever banned from the kitchen as a lost cause," Beacrox informed.

"It's that bad?" Beacrox* asked?

"Indeed, make sure that one never goes near your kitchen," Beacrox said while pointing at Choi Han*.

Choi Han* felt wronged. He wasn't the one to do anything wrong, but apparently guilt by association (or being the same person from another world) is a thing he now has to live with.

Cale naturally walked over and sat down at his desk. He then casually asked Hans, who was idly standing in the corner.

"What did he ask for?"

"Ah."

Hans seemed shocked at Cale's sudden words, before quickly putting on a serious expression and started to report. It was the information Cale expected it to be.

Hans could not hide his sorrow and disappointment while sharing about what happened to Harris Village, and had gone to the Count with Choi Han to deliver the Village Chief's Plaque that Choi Han brought.

"Father met with him?"

"Yes. The Count immediately ordered for a funeral and will be sending inspectors, knights, and soldiers to investigate."

"Thank you again," Choi Han* said sincerely.

"Yes, thank you, Duke Deruth. It really does mean a lot to me," Choi Han added.

"No thanks are necessary. I truly am sorry I failed to protect all of them," Deruth replied while his counterpart nodded in agreement.

Mm. Hans stopped for a moment and hesitated before continuing to speak.

"However, the guest has indicated he will not be going back with us."

"What?" Choi Han* shouted angrily, standing as he did so.

"Why wouldn't you go back? Did you just not care about them as much as I did? Is that why you can be so okay with it now?" Choi Han* demanded.

At the accusation, Choi Han stood to defend himself.