Chapter 59

"He's even more of a hero now," Basen said with mixed feelings. On one hand, he was very proud of his brother and everything he had accomplished, but on the other, he also wishes his brother didn't have to work so hard and sacrifice himself so much to achieve those accomplishments.

"I'm pretty sure your brother is more respected than even I am in our territory now," Deruth added.

"Not just in your territory," Amiru pointed out.

"It's more like the entire Northeastern territory," Gilbert said.

"He's very popular in the Northwest as well," Taylor stated.

"The Southwest is very fond of him too," Antonio commented.

"It would be faster to just say my dongsaeng is probably the most well respected person in the entire Roan Kingdom at this point," Alberu declared.

"True, but it would be more accurate to say he is the most respected person on the entire Western Continent," Rosalyn remarked.

"Ah, that would be more accurate," Alberu agreed.

"You can add a good portion of the Eastern Continent to that as well," Jopis mentioned.

"I agree. The entire Mercenaries Guild would be included in that and we are spread out all over the Eastern Continent," Bud joined the conversation.

As the discussion regarding Cale's fame around the world continued, said redhead scowled in disgust.

'I was supposed to fade into the background and be forgotten.'

Chapter 59: Just Destroy It (1)

Cale's family was naturally the first to greet him back home.

"Of course we would be the first to greet him," Deruth scoffed. "The only reason I didn't head to the capital and accompany him home was because he asked me not to."

"Dear, the only reason you didn't head to the capital to check on him and accompany him home after he asked you not to, is because I insisted you remain home and patiently wait for him to return home as you said you would," Violan tattled with a grin.

The betrayed and embarrassed look on the Duke's face had quite a few people cackling.

Swish. Swoosh.

Cale's body was turned to the left and right against his will.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Cale's shoulders, arms, face, and both hands were thoroughly inspected. Cale just had a blank expression during the entire process.

"Ahem. I may have overreacted a bit," Deruth admitted with a dusting of pink coloring his cheeks.

"Nonsense," Shickler refuted. "It's a concerned parent's duty to check on the well-being of their children when they've been hurt."

Seeing the small flinch Cale* couldn't suppress at those words, Deruth* spoke up.

"You probably don't remember it since you were pretty out of it at the time, but I did something similar after you were beaten up," Deruth* told his son.

"Be honest, dear," Violan* said. "You were far worse than that. You hovered over the doctor as they treated him and constantly asked if he would be alright."

"That's right father," Basen* added. "You kept going back to hyung's room to check on him every hour or so and mother had to drag you back to work."

It was Deruth's* turn to sport the betrayed and embarrassed look his counterpart had just been wearing.