Chapter 20

Dodam^ squashes down those feelings of jealousy. It's hard not to feel them knowing that Raon will get to stay with their human while he will have to leave, but that's okay. He got to have this time and when he goes back, he will find his noona and hyung. He still has Choi Han^ as well and he will find the other dragons too. They will teach him and when he is strong enough, he will have his mom with him.

He will make his family there in his world and even though the human and the others here won't be there with him, he knows that they are all out there happy in another world and that will have to be enough for him.

For now though, he has his human and he will get a lifetime's worth of pats and cuddles in while he can.

Chapter 20: Saw A Dragon (3)

After coming out of the prison, Cale put the dragon down in front of the two kittens.

"That looks like it hurts."
"So sad."

On and Hong make sure to snuggle closer to their brothers.

On and Hong circled around the still silent dragon. The dragon started to show its teeth and growl at them. This was probably the first time in its life it ever saw anything other than humans.

Raon blushes at his past behavior toward his siblings.

"It's okay, dongsaeng. You were still young and that was probably scary and confusing," On comforted him with a pat.

Cale and everyone else watching the interaction smiled.

Cale verified the time on his watch. It looked like they had just enough time to escape.

"It looks like it hurts."

On approached Cale and tapped his leg. She seemed to be thinking about the potion Cale brought in his magic box. She couldn't ask him for it, so she could only act this way.

"Hold on."

"Why would you wait to heal him if you had the potion with you?" Litana* asked curiously. She had decided it was best to ask for his motives and not assume he was doing it to be malicious.

"The potion wouldn't be very effective while the mana restriction chain was still on him and we didn't have the time to remove it at that moment. We needed to get out of the area covered by the magic video recording devices before the Mana Disturbance Tool's time ran out.

"I see," Litana* replied. "Thank you for explaining it to me."

"Of course."

Cale had brought that potion to use it. However, he needed to wait until the mana restriction chains were off. The potion would only work properly if the mana, which was practically as important as a dragon's heart, was no longer restricted.

Cale started to head toward the opposite side of the prison, the location the torturer seemed to be guarding. It wasn't very loud, but he could hear Choi Han fighting in the distance. Cale presumed that Choi Han's battle would end soon as well.

"Let's see."

Cale started to pat the cave wall with his hands. He kicked the torturer with his foot to get him out of the way, and continued to pat every aspect of the wall. The dragon growled after seeing the torturer, but stayed still and continued to focus on Cale.

"That just proves you are weak," Kim Rok Soo* pointed out, hoping to lighten the heavy atmosphere in the room.

"What? Why would that prove I'm weak?" Cale asked.

"It said earlier that the guy would explode if he received a blow higher than average strength and you just kicked the guy with no explosion in sight, so that means you must be weak," Kim Rok Soo* reasoned.