Chapter 58

"He's right, hyung," Cale* agreed. "Your lack of a slacker life is your own fault at this point."

"How is it my fault? I can't plan appropriately, if I didn't have all the details," Cale snarked back at his other world counterpart.

"You wouldn't have needed to plan, if you had just given them permission to head into the Forest of Darkness on their own to take care of their business, but you asked for the details, planned out the whole trip, and accompanied them yourself," Rok Soo* pointed out.

"You do tend to add to your own workload, dongsaeng," Sui Khan agreed.

"The fastest way to get my slacker life is to get all the work done and out of the way as fast as possible," Cale insisted.

Shaking heads and sighs met Cale's declaration.

"Haaaaaa.......why are you so fucking responsible?" Rasheel* questioned.

Everyone else wondered the same thing. How could someone who wanted to slack off and do absolutely nothing all the time be so bad at actually doing it?

"He really doesn't get what a slacker is, does he?" Lee Chul Min* asked Park Jin Tae*.

"I think he understands the principle behind slacking, but somehow still manages to screw it up when it comes to the applying that knowledge to his actions," Park Jin Tae* answered.

While the vast majority of the room found those words amusing, a certain crimson haired commander felt very offended at everyone's insistence that he somehow lacked the ability to properly slack off.

Chapter 58: Currently Thinking (6)

"We have had many battles, both large and small, with the mermaids over the years. We control the north and the mermaids control the south."

Paseton looked toward Cale. Cale, who was leaning on the couch, motioned to Paseton with his chin to continue with his story. On and Hong peeked at Cale's face before slowly moving away from Cale's knee and heading toward the corner of the room next to the Black Dragon.

"We thought it was best to let them talk and it didn't seem like the conversation would be too important with how relaxed Cale was," On explained.

"Yeah, we wanted to go sit with our dongsaeng since he was all by himself," Hong added. "Plus he could use soundproof magic and we could talk without anyone hearing us."

The way the little kitten said that combined with the memory of how the little dragon didn't particularly like the Whales that put his human in danger at that time, had everyone both curious about and slightly terrified by what exactly that unheard conversation would have been about.

"We are fighting to prevent the mermaids from creating a kingdom throughout the entire ocean. However, something changed six months ago."

Paseton's eyes started to fall.

"The mermaids started acting weird."

'Weird?'

Cale started to think about the novel's information regarding the mermaids.

"That novel gave you false information to work with here," Kim Rok Soo commented.

"One would think that actual useful information about the bad guys and their plan would have been provided for him if they wanted him to be able to make a significant change to the fate of the world," Mila added.

"Right? I mean, I lived through the 20 year long war, well I suppose I didn't actually 'live' through it, but you know what I mean and even with the knowledge I had of some of the things Arm and the White Star did from that first go at it, I still wouldn't have been able to figure out a lot of these smaller incidents. Even if I added the knowledge I could get from reading the novel I still wouldn't have been able to connect some of those dots," Kim Rok Soo said.