Chapter 29

"You're Majesty, will it even be possible to implement a plan to prevent people from entering the capital with the method young master Henituse used?" Duke Orsena asked.

"It will," Zed replied simply.

"But wouldn't you need to have the guards physically enter the carriage to feel for any invisible individuals. That would take a much longer time and many of the nobles would protest at the invasion of their space," Duke Orsena continued.

"Even if it takes longer and inconveniences the nobles, it will be done for the sake of the capital's security," Zed declared.

"I agree. The security of Huiss and its citizens is more important than the nobles' comfort. It's for their own safety anyway," Alberu agreed.

"You could always just station a mage with a mana disturbance tool at the gate with the guards. The mage could activate the tool briefly to check for any magic devices cloaking anyone while the guards do their visual inspection," Cale suggested.

"That would work splendidly. You'd make a perfect Prime Minister, dongsaeng. Won't you reconsider taking the position?" Alberu said happily.

"Rejected," came Cale's immediate reply.

His horrified look, immediate refusal, and disgusted tone had everyone laughing while also thinking he would make a great Prime Minister with his abilities.

Chapter 29: You... (4)

Cale's carriage leisurely headed to the south of the capital. Huiss, the capital of the Roan Kingdom. People were clearly busy getting ready for the upcoming birthday celebration.

Cale looked out through the slightly lifted curtain and started to think.

'Choi Han should arrive in about 3 days.'

"Your calculations were off there," Rosalyn said with a smirk.

"Lock didn't have his first berserk transformation until a year later in the novel, so I didn't even consider that possibility. You also didn't reveal your magic right away in the novel either," Cale explained.

"You had your first berserk transformation so early?" Lock* asked.

"Yes. I think Choi Han and Rosalyn showing up earlier in the village changed what I did, but I don't know what exactly it was that was different between what happened in our worlds. When I saw some of the people in black gathering up my siblings while the others fought Choi Han and Rosalyn, I knew I had to save them and I just felt something in me break free," Lock explained.

"That must have been the difference. I stayed hidden until near the end and then ran when they got close to where I was hiding. I ran into Choi Han* and Rosalyn* as I fled from them and then we fought them off. They must have already finished gathering up and killing my siblings by that point," Lock* reasoned.

"But they weren't killing them, they were kidnapping them," Lock stated in confusion.

"W-what? What d-do you m-mean?" Lock* stuttered.

"The children of the various Wolf Tribes were kidnapped to be used as sacrifices to summon the monsters during the summoning ritual," Cale explained.

"T-then does that mean they could still be a-alive?" Lock* asked with hope.

"It's a possibility. They didn't use all of the sacrifices at once. They used them over time to 'feed' the statues," Cale replied.

"I can try and discreetly check for you, but I can't make any promises," Fredo* offered. "And even if they are there, rescuing them will not be easy."