Chapter 1

"Your tea, young master."

"Thanks," Cale gloomily mumbled while taking the cup.

"Human, are you hungry? Here's some apple pie."

Smiling at Raon, Cale ate the apple pie, then he caught sight of Ron watching him out of the corner of his eye and grudgingly drank the tea as well.

Scritch. Scritch.

"Now that your purpose here has been explained, the rules have been stated, and you have all had a chance to work through some issues, let us begin."

Once those words faded from the screen, new words took their place.

Chapter 1: Prologue

When I opened my eyes, I was inside a novel.
[The Birth of a Hero].

Murmurs began throughout group 3 at the reminder of the novel. It is a rather eye opening experience to find out you are all characters in a book, after all, but they suppose it's not so different from what they are reading now, so they console themselves with the knowledge that it isn't so much a novel as it is a record.

[The Birth of a Hero] was a novel focused on the adventures of the main character, Choi Han, a high school boy who was transported to a different dimension from Earth, along with the birth of the numerous heroes of the continent.

"You are also a transmigrator Choi Han?" questioned Alberu*.

"Yes. I was hanging out with my friends after school one day and the next thing I knew, I was in the Forest of Darkness," Choi Han* replied.

"What's a high school?" Lock* asked.

"It's like an academy," Choi Han replied in place of his other self.

"Earth?"

"That's the name of the world I'm living in now. The one they came from," Kim Rok Soo replied.

I became a part of that novel as the trash of the Count's family, the family that oversaw the territory where the first village that Choi Han visits is located.

The problem is that Choi Han becomes twisted after that village, and everyone in it, are destroyed by assassins.

Gasps are heard throughout the room at those words and many look toward the various Choi Hans to see their reactions.

Choi Han's* reaction is what most would expect upon having such a loss shoved in his face. His eyes are squeezed shut, his breathing is quick, and his fists are clenched so tight they are white, the veins standing out prominently. It only lasts a moment until he forces himself to relax and open his eyes.

Somewhat calm once again, Choi Han* glances at both his counterparts to see how they are coping with the reminder of their loss and freezes.

How can they sit there after reading that and still be so calm? They look like it doesn't bother them.

The bigger problem is the fact that this stupid trash who I've become doesn't know about what happened in the village and messes with Choi Han, only to get beaten to a pulp.

Gasps, exclamations, and even some snickers are heard throughout the room.

"Bad Choi Han!" Raon, On, Hong, and Dodam^ shout while glaring at the three Choi Hans.

Choi Han and Choi Han^ feel wronged at those glares. They didn't do anything.

"...This is going to be a problem."

I feel like something serious has happened to me.

"Really?" Bud shouts, looking over at Cale. "That's how you react to becoming a completely different person?"

Cale just shrugs his shoulders and nonchalantly replies, "It's not the first time my life has been completely flipped upside down."

But it was worth trying to make this my new life.

"When you think about it, that really is a typical reaction for my dongsaeng," Alberu commented.

Those who know Cale, nod in agreement.

[End of Prologue]

"The legend has begun! Now everyone will see the greatness of our god."

"Indeed. We must have faith."

At the ravings of the lunatics in group 5 and group 2, Kim Rok Soo leaned down and whispered to his niece, "Make sure you stay far, far away from them. Those nut jobs are dangerous."

His niece nodded enthusiastically back.