Chapter 34

"Aside from the tea, I had a wonderful night's sleep.

"Bleh...lemon tea before bed. That's horrible," Cale* muttered.

"How could you have a wonderful night's sleep when it started off with that horrible fruit?" Kim Rok Soo asked.

"Ron asked for some time off," Cale explained simply.

"Ah. I see why you would be able to rest well after that since you had been trying to get rid of him for a while already," Kim Rok Soo stated.

Chapter 34: Being Still (1)

Cale blankly stared at the tea cup that Ron was offering him.

"...Lemon tea before bed?"

The Cales and Kim Rok Soos stare at the screen with disgusted looks on their faces causing many to chuckle at how similar the four are.

"Yes, young master."

Ron smiled at the screen. He remembers this conversation and can't prevent the fond smile from appearing on his face.

Cale was not used to drinking lemon tea before bed. He didn't feel like drinking it, but he lifted the teacup up without saying anything else. He felt Ron's gaze on him as he took a sip of the lemon tea.

It was then that Ron started to speak.

"You deliberately waited for him to start drinking it before you spoke, didn't you?" Bud asked.

"It is a butler's duty to care for their charge. I was merely waiting to make sure the young master was satisfied with his tea," Ron said with a benign smile. His smile seemed to lean slightly toward a smirk though.

"Young master, may I make a request?"
"Kek, what? A request?"

"That reaction sounds amusing and the look on your face was probably hilarious. Was it as funny as it sounds?" Bud* asked Ron.

"This Ron has no idea what you are referring to. Our young master is always the picture of composure," Ron replied seriously.

No one believed a word he said. His eyes were practically shining with mirth even as he kept his expression serious and since they had been here, they had all seen various sides of the usually stoic and expressionless young master. Some of which were most definitely not the picture of composure.

Cale's eyes opened wide at Ron saying the word, 'request,' and turned to look at Ron quickly. Ron still had a gentle smile on his face. Cale's eyes started to fog up, as he quickly started to think.

'This devious old man has a request for someone like me, who he thinks is useless?'

"It was very clear to me by that point that you were not useless, young master. I may not have known everything you had been up to, but I was not fool enough to think you had done nothing," Ron stated.

"It was probably pretty obvious to him that you had done something the night before the knights came to question everyone in the inn about the thief. You even told him you were leaving the inn that night after all," Pen pointed out.

"You also sent Choi Han out on a secret mission and he returned with a sick boy and a princess," John added.

Cale had an indescribable sense of ominousness. He felt like the man who tried to get rid of a lump on his face and ended up coming back with two. Either that, or the woodcutter who was greedy and claimed that both the golden axe and the silver axe were his and ended up leaving empty handed without even his own axe.