Prologue Part 7

Cale's* shout drew everyone's attention to him and he immediately regretted it. The reactions the new group of people had at the sight of him were both confusing and terrifying.

"Cale-nim."

"Son."

"Young Master-nim."

"Cale."

"Dongsaeng."

"Young Master Cale."

Those shouts and many others were accompanied by a mass rush in Cale's* direction.

Seeing Choi Han and quite a few others, some of which were familiar faces and others unknown, rushing toward him, Cale* panicked. The kind of panic that triggers one's fight or flight response.

Unfortunately, Cale* lacked either and instead froze in place with a rather stupid look on his face.

Fortunately, for Cale* anyway, the stampede heading in his direction was stopped by the barrier between the two sections.

Resounding thuds signified the groups abrupt stop, those in the front of the pack rubbing sore spots and poking at the barrier in front of them, while those behind wondered why they stopped.

"Pffft. Hahahaha."

A loud laugh broke the stunned silence at that moment. All heads turning in the direction of the sound to see a dark haired man practically doubled over on the couch he was sitting on.

Upon catching sight of the man Choi Han couldn't help but exclaim, "Rok Soo hyung!"

•••••

Kim Rok Soo really wants to facepalm at his younger self. The little shit has now TWICE made a spectacle of himself. This is why he is glad to be older and wiser. His impulse control is much better.

Truth be told, Kim Rok Soo is probably enjoying his younger self's misery a bit too much, but the little idiot has brought it on himself. He really needs to have a talk with the brat. There are much better ways to protect his step-mother and brother.

Still, the look on Cale's* face is hilarious. It went from confused terror to a blank petrified sort of panic before smoothing out to a look of relief as the barrier stopped the stampeding hoard.

"Pffft. Hahahaha."

He couldn't hold it in anymore. Between Cale's* face and the dumbfounded looks on the others' faces when they hit the barrier, it was just too funny.

"Rok Soo hyung!"

'What?'

The sound of Choi Han's voice saying his name is terrifying and all feelings of mirth are instantly gone.

•••••

One second Kim Rok Soo is enjoying a good laugh and the next, his face takes on the same look of confusion filled horror he was just laughing at Cale* for.

"Haaaa."

The antics of the two idiots make Kim Rok Soo* sigh.

Is there something about the name Cale that makes people act like idiots? He knows or at least knows of four of them and they are all idiots.

Both Cale* and Kim Rok Soo have already proven they shouldn't be trusted to make smart decisions. He is sure the idiots trashed their own reputation for their family and there are so many other ways they could have handled that. Idiots. Both of them.

There is absolutely no way Cale Barrow can be considered anything but a fucking moron. A complete and utter fool. The idiot of idiots. White Radish. Enough said.