Chapter 60

"Our dongsaeng didn't stop at making Whale royalty into his guards," Alberu said with a smirk as he remembered a certain golden haired 'guard'.

"Oooo, now you have me all curious," Kim Rok Soo grinned. "Who else did our cheeky little dongsaeng 'convince' to be his guard?"

Those with better memories that had been involved in the meeting to establish the 4 kingdoms and 1 tribe alliance began to chuckle as they remembered Cale's golden haired guard at the time.

"For the record, I volunteered myself for the role of that unlucky bastard's guard," Eruhaben remarked before anyone could declare that the redhead could 'convince' even dragons to be his guard.

Stunned silence met the golden dragon's words.

"Not even an ancient dragon was spared," Kim Rok Soo broke the silence with a laugh.

"I recall a plan to scout out the area in section 2 where the device to turn the White Star into a member of the demonic race was located had a certain quarter Dark Elf playing the role of servant to our young master as well," Fredo said with a smirk as he dropped that shocking bit of info.

Alberu felt his face heat up as the room erupted in laughter.

"Pfft. A future king as your servant," Kim Rok Soo mumbled with equal parts amusement and disbelief at his cheeky dongsaeng's gall. 

"Wow, hyung," Cale* added with a whistle. "That's impressive. You must be the only human ever to have so many esteemed beings guarding or serving you."

"And yet, he still managed to get himself into trouble quite often," Rok Soo* mentioned.

"Keeping him out of trouble is a feat even dragons can't manage," Alberu grumbled, his face still red.

"When it comes to the young master, treating a crown prince as a servant isn't much when you consider that he straight up kidnapped a king to use as both bait and a hostage," Bud commented.

Bud's words had the room turning chaotic after a brief moment of stunned silence.

"I don't know why we are still surprised by the young master's actions at this point."

"I know. You'd think we'd be developing an immunity to whatever crazy the guy comes up with at this point."

"Somehow I don't think that's actually possible."

"I agree. Exposure therapy is probably not going to work when it comes to him."

"So you are saying that we should just resign ourselves to the fact that there are going to be many more instances where we are shocked speechless and sit here with our mouths hanging open like a group of bizarre fish?"

"Well, I mean....I wouldn't use those words exactly, but, yes."

"Good to know. At least that look is more flattering on me than you guys."

The affronted looks and sputtered denials coming from his fellow 'book club' members had the guy basking in his victory over his friends for once. He's got to get his accolades somewhere after all since he's pretty sure he and the rest of the group will all remain unimportant, nameless nobles for the duration of this reading.

While the nameless noble relished the joy of getting one over his friends, Cale's friends, family, and close acquaintances had mixed feelings about the news.

The ones that participated in the plot or knew about it had vicious smiles on their faces at the memory of a job well done.

The Henituse family were starting to wonder if they should prepare for the possibility of some kingdom demanding the territory pay for trauma therapy at some point. It's not really a big deal, they have more than enough money for it and they don't worry at all that anyone would declare war on them since they are plenty strong enough now to deal with anyone dumb enough to try and invade.