Chapter 39

"Yep," Cage replied. "You would have too."

"It's always fun and amusing to be in the know when it comes to young master Cale's plans," Taylor said.

"That is true. It really is fun to know what he's planning," Alberu agreed.

"Even more fun to be part of that plan," Hannah added.

Those that had been involved in said plans all nodded their agreement with grins on their faces.

"Difficult at times, but still fun," Bud commented.

Chapter 39: Being Still (6)

Bang!

The banquet hall's door closed tightly once more. Taylor Stan was wearing luxurious and formal clothes, even though he was on a wheelchair, and there was a relaxed smile on his face. Priestess Cage was wearing the God of Death priestess robe.

'I guess they decided to flat out reveal their identities.'

"No reason to try and keep our identities hidden at that point. I was going for the Marquis title after all," Taylor pointed out.

"That's true. Kind of pointless to try and be sneaky at that point," Bud* agreed.

"It was a bold declaration and impressed me," Alberu admitted.

Cale thought it was a wise decision. The Temple of the God of Death may get a headache over it, but why would Cage care about that?

"I didn't care even in the slightest," Cage proudly declared.

"Giving them a headache would have been a bonus too," Cage* added.

"What is this ...!"

A shocked and angry voice came from the Northwest table. When Cale turned to look, Venion jumped out of his seat in anger, as he glared at Taylor.

"There goes his 'noble' image," Hannah said with a laugh.

"All that effort not to show his anger during the conversation with young master Cale and he blows it two seconds after you enter," Rosalyn added with her own laugh.

"Not to defend him since the bastard deserves whatever criticism he gets, but he did kind of think young master Cale was just an idiot with a big mouth while his brother had been an actual threat to his position before," Bud pointed out.

"True. Probably didn't help that the young master had already set his temper to boil right before that," Taylor stated.

This was a reaction you would normally never see out of Venion, and a reaction that went against the noble etiquette, but Venion was not in a state to care about etiquette right now.

"That fucker's easy life is over and he doesn't even realize it yet. It's so refreshing I may even have to thank that bastard god once," Cage* commented.

"Hahaha. You'd probably break his brain if you actually did it," Cage said with a laugh.

"Even more of a reason for me to do it then," Cage* replied with a grin.

Cale looked up to the top of the platform. Crown prince Alberu opened his arms and started to speak.

"I did not expect to see Marquis Stan's eldest son, Taylor Stan, and a priestess of the God of Death here."

"It really was an unexpected situation for me since I had no idea you were even in the capital," Alberu said. "And now I know who to thank for that unexpected surprise."

"You're welcome, hyung," Cale said with a cheeky grin.

Alberu just rolled his eyes at his cheeky little brother. It all worked out in his favor anyway, so it's fine.