Chapter 3

Chapter 3: When I Opened My Eyes (2)

Cale looked around at all of the dishes in front of him. He then moved his fork towards a salad made of fruits that he did not recognize. After filling his stomach with meat, soup, and bread, he wanted to try something new.

"You really are a glutton," Bud commented.

-Did you hear that Cale? He said we are alike.

At the Glutton's voice in his head Cale frowned.

'I don't want to be like any of my ancient powers. They are all crazy.'

Thinking that Bud had upset Cale with his comment, Glenn elbowed his friend and tried to cheer Cale up, "Not that there's anything wrong with enjoying good food."

"That's right human, food is the best."

"He's right, nya."

"Especially Beacrox's food," On added.

"What's a Beacrox's food?" Dodam^ questioned.

When the three children averaging 9 years heard that, they decided Dodam^ must be educated in the way of Beacrox's delicious food. Raon removed some of the food Beacrox made that had been saved in his dimensional space before piling it in front of Dodam^.

The fruit looked like an orange, but the color was closer to that of grapes. Cale put the fruit in his mouth and took a bite.

"Mm."

In that instant, sweet fruit juice filled his mouth. He really hated sour fruits, so this extremely sweet flavor in his mouth made him subconsciously start to drool.

Everyone's eyes moved to Ron at the mention of sour fruits and then swiftly moved away.

Ron was grinning at the sight of those words. Ron should never grin.

Several people felt they would be having nightmares the next time they slept.

At that moment, he made eye contact with his father Deruth, who was looking at him.

"Cale."

Deruth quietly called Cale's name before hesitating. He then started to frown and move his mouth. Cale did not like that awkward atmosphere and started to speak.

"It's delicious."

"Yes, it tastes like trash...huh? Did you say it is delicious?"

"Yes. Everything tastes wonderful."

Cale picked up a different fruit this time and smiled after tasting the sweetness in his mouth once again. The trash, Cale Henituse, never cared for etiquette anyways.

He probably shouldn't do this while speaking with his father, the head of the household, but whatever. He's just trash in the first place.

"You do realize that was my reputation and not yours, right?" Kim Rok Soo asked.

Cale just shrugged at him and went back to wiping Dodam's^ face as he sampled Beacrox's cooking.

'It really is best to be the trash.'

Nobody really cared no matter what he did. As long as he can prevent himself from getting beaten up by the main character, it will be a good life.

As Cale expected, nobody criticized his lack of manners. In fact, Deruth actually had a smile on his face as he started to nod his head.

"Yes, it really is delicious. It is nice to see you enjoying food so much."