Chapter 12

"Hey Cale, that was payback for them trying to act all cute and innocent, wasn't it?" Lee Chul Min* asked.

"I would never do something so petty," Cale replied with a grin.

No one believed that.

Chapter 12: Picked It Up (5)

Tap. Tap. Even at the rough patting, the baby kittens could only stiffly stare at Cale. Cale thought about the moment when he first met Choi Han. The injured silver kitten was growling while the red kitten was whining next to it.

"It really wasn't rough," On said.

"Yeah, it felt nice, nya," Hong agreed with his sister.

"That's right human, your pats are very nice," Raon added.

"This great and mighty dragon agrees with his hyung and noona," Dodam^ contributed.

All four children stare at Cale after those words until he gives in and pats each of them.

'The silver kitten should be the older sister with grey hair and the younger brother must be the red kitten.'

Cale had a bright smile on his face. He looked toward the kittens and started to speak.

"We'll talk later."

"I liked that talk. We got our home after that talk," On said happily.

"Me too, nya," Hong agreed.

Cale patted them both.

The siblings who seemed to be beast people avoided his gaze and Hans confusingly replied.

"...Are you talking to me?"
"Not you."

"Poor confused Hans," On consoled. "But that is funny."

Hans looked at Cale and the two kittens with an even more confused expression on his face, before holding the kittens even tighter. It was a movement that seemed to show that he was trying to avoid a dangerous person. However, he soon had to approach Cale once again.
"Are you heading back out?"

"Yes."

It was because Cale changed his coat and was preparing to leave again.

"Where will you be going?"

"I have a promise to keep and someone to meet."

"My dongsaeng always keeps his promises. If he says he is going to do something, you can count on him to do it, no matter what," Alberu said with conviction.

"Really?" Alberu* asked.

"Of course, Cale-nim always keeps his promises." Choi Han confirmed.

"...Young master, you are going to keep a promise?"

Hans looked to be shocked again, as he questioned Cale.

Judging gazes are directed at Hans by the rest of Cale's group.

Hans suddenly remembers that he needs to check on the kittens and hurries over toward them.

"You seem to be getting ruder."

"Haha! You are quite blunt, young master Cale," Bud* says.

"I lack the talent to beat around the bush," Cale replied.

No one believes a word of what he just said.

"You mean you are too lazy most of the time to bother with that unless it will get you something in return," Kim Rok Soo* pointed out.