Prologue Part 4

Cale* was very confused. A moment ago he was in his room trying to figure out if he should go and check on Basen* now that he is back from the capital or just figure out how to ask someone how he is doing. Both of those options didn't fit in with his trash act though, so he settled for grabbing a bottle of alcohol downing half of it and preparing to head toward the common areas of the house to hopefully overhear how Basen* is while he pretends to be drunk.

He only managed the first half of that though before he found himself in a completely new location full of people.

'Did I drink more than I thought I did? I'm pretty sure I'm not drunk, but what the hell else could be going on?'

"Cale? Choi Han? Alberu?"

At the sound of his name being called by an unfamiliar voice, Cale's* thoughts came to a screeching halt and his eyes zeroed in on the strange man calling his name.

'He looks similar to that bastard Choi Han*, but I've never seen him before. How the hell does he know who I am?'

At that moment the stunned silence was rather violently broken by Choi Han* causing Cale* to shudder in remembered pain.

"Who are you and why in the hell have you brought us here? Are you the bastards setting off bombs all over the place?" Choi Han* shouted after jumping up from the couch he was seated on and drawing his sword with his aura raging.

His words startled others into action. Weapons were drawn, mana gathered, auras raised, and fighting positions were assumed.

Toonka* focused on the unknown people around him before starting to grin like a lunatic. There were strong individuals mixed in with the others. There was the scent of many strong people all around him.

"I smell strong people!!!"

Having shouted that out, Toonka* ran toward the strongest person in front of him, jumping over couches and knocking people over as he went.

His target just so happened to be Lee Soo Hyuk*, who was sitting right next to Kim Rok Soo*.

Those with Kim Rok Soo* tensed up, but remained seated. Their commander wasn't panicking or moving, so there was no reason to do so on their part.

Before anyone else in Toonka's* section could react in order to stop him (or in the case of those who were plenty capable of stopping him, but just chose to watch), Toonka* leapt, head first, the last several feet only to slam, also head first, into an invisible barrier.

For a moment, only the echoing sounds of the rather impressive thud were heard throughout the room, then another sound took its place.

Scritch. Scritch.

Yet again the sounds of something being written drew everyone's attention toward the screen at the front. The words appearing this time were different. No friendly welcome showed up this time.

"NO VIOLENCE! All aura, mana, skills, ancient powers, and abilities that can be used to harm oneself or others will be sealed while here. No weapons are allowed from this moment forward."

With those words, all weapons disappeared from hands and bodies throughout the room and the visible (and invisible) powers that had been gathered were snuffed out as well.

As everyone stood or sat there in shock (or in Toonka's* case picked themself up off the floor) more words appeared on the screen.

"All will be explained once everyone arrives. Feel free to treat any injuries, eat and drink, rest, or talk amongst yourselves. This is a safe space and no harm will come to any of you. Violence is not permitted and though you are allowed to speak with those not in your section, the barriers between groups will remain."