Chapter 37

"I'm betting that the two of you didn't like each other at first," Kim Rok Soo said.

"My goal was to avoid him completely," Cale admitted.

"That hurts dangsaeng. To think that you wanted nothing to do with your wonderful hyung," Alberu said with an obviously fake look of hurt on his face.

"You know you weren't any different. After the first time I opened my mouth, you had decided to avoid me as well," Cale retorted.

"You're right. I could tell just how similar we were and thought it would be best not to have any further interactions with you," Alberu said. "I am glad neither of us managed that though."

"It's not been as bad as I thought it would be getting involved with you," Cale admitted with a small smile.

Chapter 37: Being Still (4)

Ron nodded his head at Cale's words, but added one more thing before he left.

"I understand. By the way, young master, you do remember that you have to visit the palace the day after tomorrow, right?"

"I remembered. Just didn't want to go since it was troublesome," Cale whined.

"Didn't want to deal with the other nobles, did you?" Lee Soo Hyuk* asked.

"That's exactly right. Dealing with nobles is bothersome," Cale replied.

"You handle them so well though," Rosalyn commented.

"That's true. You really do navigate noble society better than those born into it. Politics too," Alberu said.

The nobles and others involved in politics in group 5 all nodded in agreement while some even had envious looks on their faces.

Before the king announces the start of the festival in the plaza, the nobles were scheduled to meet with the crown prince. It was neither a serious meeting nor a feast, but something in between. It was set to take place in a wing of the palace where important meetings usually took place.

Cale thought about the crown prince and the palace before his mind drifted elsewhere.

'I wonder if Taylor and Cage are well.'

"Awe. Young master Cale was worried about us Cage," Taylor said happily.

"He's such a cute dongsaeng," Cage added with a smile.

"Who's dongsaeng am I now?" Cale asked.

"Mine," Lee Soo Hyuk* answered.

"You're mine as well," Alberu added.

"Mine too," Kim Rok Soo joined in.

"I am also your hyung," Eric said.

"No way I'm missing out on being your noona," Cage stated.

"That makes me your hyung too," Taylor replied.

Cale just stared at the lot of them before grumbling a "Do whatever," and turned away. All those involved smiled brightly in triumph.

Meanwhile the quietly hiding hooded figure in the back of group 5 smiled and whispered to himself, "You have so many siblings now, dongsaeng. I'm still your best hyung though."

The fallen eldest son and the crazy priestess. Cale thought that the two of them were probably doing very well.

"We were doing very well after your assistance. Much better than we would have been otherwise," Taylor said.

"Well enough to smack that bastard Venion in the back. I still love remembering the look on his face," Cage said with a smile.

"Mm."