Chapter 36

"Of course this great and mighty me would go with my human. I have to protect him since he is so weak," Raon insisted.

Bud opened his mouth to make another comment, but was abruptly cut off before he could speak by Glenn.

"Bud, if you dare utter the words I know you were planning to say, I will set your alcohol on fire."

"You either Bud*. I will gladly do the same," Glenn* added.

The absolutely horrified look on both of the Buds faces had everyone laughing while also wondering what he could have been planning on saying that would have the Glenns making that threat.

A few that knew Bud well figured they knew what the comment he planned on making was and chuckled while thinking about it. 'The idiot was probably planning on making a comment on it being the young master's chastity that needed protecting.'

"It was just a harmless joke," Bud grumbled.

"I know, but I'm busy enough with my own work and I don't want to do your work in addition to mine since I'm sure corrupting young master Cale's children will have you drowning in extra work," Glenn retorted.

A glance in Cale's direction confirmed he was not impressed with the teasing and would gladly bury them all in extra work.

Chapter 36: Being Still (3)

Choi Han looked at the Black Dragon before looking back toward Cale and asking.

"Are we going to destroy everything?"

"That's a rather extreme thought, uncle," Choi Jung Soo* teased.

"We were taking a dragon with us," Choi Han replied as if that explained everything and really, it did.

"No. Absolutely not."

'Why are his thoughts always so extreme?'

"Once again, dragon," Choi Han reiterated.

"He isn't wrong to think that, young master. If anyone else had been there and knew you were taking a dragon with you, they probably would have assumed you were off to destroy or conquer something," Billos agreed.

Cale laid down on the bed and waved Choi Han away.

"Hurry up and come back soon. Oh, and wear a hat."
"I understand."

Choi Han left only the night stand's light on and turned the rest of the lights off before heading out of the room and saying something to Hans. Cale kept his eyes closed and pretended to be asleep.

"With how much you love to sleep, Hans probably suspected nothing," Hilsman teased.

"It's not like you were aware the young master was sneaking out and causing mischief," Hans retorted.

"Ah. I guess that's true," Hilsman said dejectedly.

The door soon closed and Hans did not enter. The Black Dragon, who had been invisible while the door was open, removed its invisibility and landed on the bed. One side of the bed started to sink while the dragon started to speak in a worried voice.

"You cannot really fall asleep."

Cale started to think after hearing the dragon's words.

'Do I look like a four-year-old to this dragon?'

"Human, you sleep so much that I would definitely worry you fell asleep for real," Raon defended.

"He's right. You sleep too much," Hong joined in.

"It's true. You fall asleep quickly when you go to bed most of the time," On agreed.