Chapter 28

"To be fair, most people probably can't afford the magic tools that the young master used," Rosalyn said.

"That's true, but it is still possible for some," Tasha pointed out.

"The White Star definitely had the money to do it and the mages to just make one for him too," Alberu added.

"He probably did since they got the magic bombs in there somehow," Bud mentioned.

"That's true," Alberu agreed.

"We'll figure out a way to counter it later," Zed finished.

Chapter 28: You (3)

Clunk.

The carriage started to move.

Meeeow.

On and Hong glanced over at Cage and Taylor, who were sitting across from them, and stuck closely to Cale.

"Awe. That's so cute. Sticking close to your father when strangers are around," Tasha* cooed.

"Young master Cale, do you know anything about this royal event?"

"He knew pretty much everything, but you know he's going to pretend like he doesn't," Lee Chul Min* whispered to Park Jin Tae*.

"Of course he will, it's for his slacker life," Park Jin Tae* chuckled back.

The listening Kim Rok Soo* decided the two clowns were due for some more training when they get back. The best part is that he won't even have to do anything for them to get that training. Eventually their past behavior toward him will come up. At that point there will be plenty of volunteers to train with the two.

Cale looked toward Taylor. Taylor was fine compared to the priestess, who was struggling with her hangover. In fact, he was even better off than Cale. This weak-looking noble had the strongest alcohol tolerance out of the three of them.

"Seriously?" Bud* asked.

"Yep. Taylor could drink us all into a coma and then walk around like he's only had water," Cage confirmed while Taylor grinned widely.

"Damn. It's always the ones you least suspect," Bud added.

Bud had already challenged Cale and lost, so he had no desire to even attempt challenging Taylor. Bud* on the other hand, had never had the pleasure of getting absolutely demolished by Cale and was sure he was a better drinker than his other self. As such, he was seriously contemplating just how he could arrange a drinking competition between Taylor and himself.

Cale started to respond to Taylor, who was looking at him.

"This is my first time going to the palace. I have only been to a Northeastern Nobles Meeting a few years ago."

"That's only half true, young master," Rosalyn pointed out.

"I was sticking with the backstory Kim Rok Soo provided for me and he had never been to the palace, but had been to a Northeastern Nobles Meeting," Cale replied.

"Sticking to the facts is probably the best way to keep your story straight," Deruth agreed.

Taylor did not bring this up just to start a conversation. It was because he wanted to share a piece of information with Cale for his generosity.

"I see. The event this time is to celebrate the 50th birthday of his royal highness, our current King.
It is an entertaining festival for the citizens."

"Unfortunately, I don't think it was an entertaining festival for anyone except those Arm bastards," Kim Rok Soo said darkly.

The grim looks on the faces of everyone that had been involved in the incident showed how true that statement was.