Chapter 25

"It's true that I've thanked you several times and I did the favor with the fake ancient document, but to me, what you did for me is a debt I can never repay. Especially now that I know the true extent of what you have done," Taylor explained.

"I didn't do much. I gave you some money and a ride. I helped sneak you into the capital, but the rest you did on your own. I merely pointed you in the right direction," Cale countered.

"If it were not for you, I would be dead right now, young master Cale. And that is not just a possibility, but a certainty. I owe my life to you," Taylor insisted.

"The only person capable of owning your life is yourself. You do not owe it to me nor will I ever ask for you to repay me with it, so stop speaking nonsense and let's continue with what we are here for," Cale declared.

"Alright," Taylor nodded.

The soft smiles on everyone's faces at Cale's words went unnoticed by said individual as he stared at the screen in front.

Chapter 25: Returning The Favor (5)

Late at night in a small two story house in the outskirts of Puzzle City. The only light in the area was the light on the first floor of this small house, shining out through the windows. Marquis Stan's eldest son, Taylor, the owner of the house, started to frown.

"What is going on?"
"Damn it. Ugh. Hold on. Don't talk to me right now."

Cage, the priestess of the God of Death, was clenching her head in pain.

"That doesn't sound good. Were you alright, Miss Cage?" Mary asked.

"I was fine, just a headache.  The God of Death can be a little loud at times when he talks to me," Cage explained. "Thank you for worrying, Mary."

Clang.

The beer cup in her hand fell to the ground. Taylor and three of his people approached her quickly.

"What? Is the lord saying something to you again?"

Taylor looked toward her with concern. The God of Death spoke to Cage from time to time. This had suddenly happened one day and would sporadically appear like this. Cage had hidden this fact from the church, and only Taylor and his three subordinates knew about it.

"A lot more people know about it now. Will that be okay," Litana worried.

"It's fine. No one will bother Miss Cage, if they want to continue on as they are that is. If they bother her, I'll just restructure the temples of the God of Death like I did with the Sun God's temples. No reasons to keep useless things around after all," Cale said viciously.

The vicious look on Cale's face coupled with the words themself, had many shuddering. Cale was someone they should never mess with. They were starting to think that Cale should be considered the most terrifying out of the bunch. Which, when they actually thought about it, should have been obvious considering the number of terrifying individuals around him. Especially since said individuals seemed like eager to please puppies when they looked at Cale.

"Ah, so annoying!"

After struggling for a while, Cage jumped up and headed to the back door of the house. She was moving pretty quickly. She was still clenching her head and staggering a bit, but her gaze remained focused on the back door.

"This must be when you found the message we left for you," On said in realization.

"That is correct. We read your message then and decided to follow the advice on it," Taylor confirmed.