Chapter 42

"Yuck. That's an awful skill. Mr. Patriarch, kindly never use that skill on me," Bud* said to Ron*.

"Then that must mean I have permission to use the skills I possess that have no effect on either the state of one's drowsiness or drunkenness on you. I'll keep that in mind," Ron* responded to him.

The smile on Ron's* face as he spoke gave Bud* the chills.

'Fuck. He really is terrifying. Now I know what Cale always feels like.'

"Thanks for the offer, but that's a polite pass from me. I'm sure your skills will be needed elsewhere," Bud* finally replied.

"That's a shame," Ron* said with a very familiar benign smile on his face.

Chapter 42: Don't Know, I Don't Know

Cale hid the chilly feeling and trembling, and asked.

"So?"

"That response is very like the young master," Rosalyn said.

"It really is. There aren't too many people that would answer a question like that in such a manner," Witria agreed.

"It suits him though," Cage added.

Ron was about to resume the benign smile on his face after hearing his little puppy young master speak in his usual annoying and rude tone, but suppressed it and started to speak.

"I'm not a puppy. Puppies aren't trashy. They are just cute and you have to watch them all the time to make sure they aren't doing something that will get them hurt," Cale grumbled quietly to himself.

Just like usual though, his quiet mumblings were still heard by most everyone there and all they could think was how accurate that description was for him.

"So, I'm going to kill people."
"Leaving your son behind?"
"Yes sir."

Beacrox bristled again at the reminder of being left behind. It was in the past though and can't be changed. He will just have to make sure his father never feels the need to leave him behind again in the future.

Ron* really can't imagine leaving his son behind. To feel secure enough in his son's safety to leave him somewhere he can't keep an eye on him is a foreign concept to him. He can see why Ron would have felt that way though. His young master Cale just seems to have an aura about him that makes those around him feel secure. Makes them feel like they are home.

"Is the fox a person?"

"Nope. They are bastards. Definitely not cute little foxes," Raon cheerfully stated.

"That's right, nya. They are all bastards," Hong agreed.

The adults around tried very hard not to smile at the children's casual use of such a word, but they couldn't help it. They were adorable. Besides, when you consider their pasts, their actual use of curse words was pretty slim and they have earned the right to use them when they want at this point.

Cale knew how the assassin Ron smiled. It was a very faint smile, with just the corners of his lips raised a tiny bit. It was one that made the person looking at Ron think that it would be better if he did not smile at all. Ron replied quite pleased.

"That's right. I have to go kill a group of foxes."

But his voice was cold.

"Rip them into pieces."

"That was a good plan, Lemonade Gramps," Raon complimented.

"It was. Right up to the point where it was him losing body parts," Cale pointed out.