Chapter 22

"This ancient power didn't require spending a bunch of money like the first one, right?" Bud* asked curiously.

"No. This one didn't have such a weird requirement and compared to the others, it was pretty normal," Cale replied.

"That's good. Blowing a bunch of money on one was more than enough," Bud* muttered.

Those that knew how Cale had acquired and then fortified the Fiery Thunderbolt, including Cale, decided it would be way more fun to surprise everyone with that bit of information and shared a conspiratorial smile.

Chapter 22: Returning The Favor (2)

After easily passing through Puzzle City's gate, the Henituse family's Golden Turtle carriage followed the lead of deputy butler Hans to the inn.

"It is smaller than Rain City."
"Right. Small."

"From what you all said earlier about the damage, it's probably a good thing it's smaller since there would be less needing repair than in a large city," Heo Sook Ja* commented.

"That is true. We did manage to contain the damage to only certain portions of the city as well, so hopefully we will be able to restore the city quickly and get the citizens back to their homes," Alberu said.

Cale nodded at On and Hong's words, and looked outside the carriage.

'It won't follow me into the city, right?'

"I did follow you into the city," Raon informed.

According to Choi Han, the Black Dragon would follow them from a far distance, before coming by in the early morning to drop the food off and then running away.

"Isn't it cute? The dragon seems like a little kid that hasn't lost its innocence, even after living such a terrible life."

"That's right, strong Choi Han. I am very cute and majestic," Raon said while striking a pose he thought was both cute and majestic. It was only one of those things.

There were many smiles (and some swooning) in the room at the little dragon's actions.

'...Not really.'

Raon immediately shot Cale a betrayed look.

"Human, don't lie. I am extremely cute," Raon scolded.

"You are correct, Raon. I was mistaken at that time," Cale consoled him.

That was what Cale was thinking as Choi Han spoke to him with amusement. If Choi Han had seen the dragon blow a mountain away, he would not be saying things like, 'Cute,' to describe it.

"I'm always cute. Even when blowing up mountains or islands," Raon muttered.

"Islands?" Pen* asked.

"Originally there were 15 Hais Islands and now there are only 14," Cale casually informed him.

"What? Why would you need to destroy an entire island?" Amiru* asked.

"Hais Island 5 was a base for Arm and the Mermaids beneath it. We got rid of it to help the Whales out in their war against the Mermaids since Arm had helped make the Mermaids stronger with poison and a dead dragon's dead mana from the poisonous swamp in the Forest of Darkness," Cale explained.

"...."

"A dead dragon?"

"Yes. Its bones are in the swamp along with the Dominating Aura, one of my ancient powers." Cale answered.

"What did you do with the swamp?" Alberu^ asked.

"We destroyed that too, after we took samples. I gave the bones to Mary," Cale replied.