Chapter 45

"Pfft. He's probably glad to be rid of the holy image," Bud laughed.

Cale agreed wholeheartedly with those words.

"I don't know, I still think he would look holy even while saying 'fuck' in that scenario," Cage said with a grin.

"Hahaha, I think that's even better than just standing there all stoic under the shining silver light," Cage* agreed with a laugh.

"You're just staying that because it's something you would do," Taylor teased Cage*.

"True. I definitely didn't refrain from cursing while I was still part of the temple," Cage* stated.

"I'm not sure most of the gods would even care if their priests and priestesses curse or drink," Cale said.

"Why do you think they wouldn't care?" Litana* asked.

"They were all human at one point before too," Cale replied. "Or at least most of them. Can't be 100% sure about all of them since I don't know about all of them."

"That makes sense. If they were human before becoming a god, I can see them not being all uptight about their followers being allowed to have human vices," Taylor added. "Probably why the God of Death doesn't abandon Cage."

"True. He was probably just as bad as me about drinking and such when he was human. Would explain why he doesn't seem to care too much when I drink. Although, he has whined to me before when I drank too much," Cage responded.

"Kind of like an exasperated parent scolding their child for getting drunk," Bud joked.

"Hahaha, now I've got that mental image in my head. The God of Death standing there in his sweater scolding Miss Cage and young master Cale for staying out all night drinking," Bud* said while laughing.

"Pfft."

"Hahaha."

"Now it's stuck in my head too."

"Totally ruined what little remained of that dude's godly image."

"That would actually be cute."

"Right? It's strangely cute."

The comments and chuckling continued for a bit before everyone settled down and turned their attention back to the front.

Chapter 45: Somehow (3)

Boom-

Boooooom-

Two explosions that could not be compared to the one from earlier simultaneously went off in the plaza. Everybody crouched down and covered their heads with their hands.

"Wow. I thought the bombs would have been the same strength as the others. Or even weaker since the other explosion was four bombs combined," Kim Min Ah said.

"I guess they wanted their back up plan to really cause some damage," Bae Puh Rum added.

"Ahhhhhhh!"

"Ugh. My, my arm!"

"Ugggggh!"

The screams of people getting injured or killed filled the plaza. And then...

For groups 3 and 5, those words brought the memories of the terror incident front and center in the minds of all individuals that had been present for it.

Those memories were full of the emotions fear, panic, anger, pain, grief, despair, and relief at their survival, but for group 5 the negative emotions for many of them were somewhat tempered by the memory of a silver shield shining above their heads.