Chapter 17

"At this point, I'm pretty sure none of us truly regret getting dragged into your various shenanigans, dongsaeng," Alberu said happily.

"I agree with that," Tasha seconded.

"You can count me in on that too, " Bud added.

"I am very happy that I met the young master," Mary contributed.

"How could anyone ever regret joining the legend on his journey?" Clopeh shouted his nonsense yet again.

"I'm sure everyone feels the same, but we'll be here for a very long time if each of us give our answer one at a time, so let's just say that there aren't any here that have actually been involved in Cale's plans that regret it," Sheritt interrupted before Clopeh could continue to preach.

Nods of acceptance met her statement.

Chapter 17: Heading Out (4)

"Young master, this is the best room we have."
"Seems acceptable."

The old man led Cale's group to his inn. The exterior of the inn looked as rustic as the village, but it had everything you would need, probably because the merchants visiting the Henituse territory stayed at this inn on their travels.

"This is the first time we have had a noble staying with us. Please look favorably upon us, even if it is lacking quite a bit, and just consider it as a place where lesser beings live."

"The way he puts himself and the others of the village down in front of a noble really shows how awful the lord of that territory must treat the commoners," Taylor said sadly.

"Seems like I will need to have a word with Viscount Tolz," Alberu said with a dark look.

Cale stared at the old man. He seemed more comfortable than when talking to Venion Stan, but he still seemed scared at the fact that a noble would be staying at his inn.
It was fine for him to have a little bit of anxiety, but too much was uncomfortable for Cale as well.

'It's no good like this.'

Cale patted the old man's shoulder and tried to calm him down.

"Old man. Relax. I don't like people who put themselves down like that. This is the place that people who come and go from our territory stay to rest. There is no way such a place will be lacking."

"We liked it there," Hong said.

"It was a nice inn," On agreed.

"The alcohol there was pretty good," Hilsman commented.

"Were you neglecting your duties to drink, Sir Hilsman?" Violan questioned.

"Of course not, Madam. The young master invited those of us not on duty at the time for a drink. Ah! Now that I think about it, the next morning some knights from the Tolz household came by asking if we knew anything about a theft."

"I did wonder where you had gone and what you had been up to that night, young master. This Ron would have been more than happy to have accompanied you on your late night escapades."

"No need. We did fine on our own. I only had two outfits at that time anyway," Cale replied.

At the mention of a certain outfit, grimaces were seen on several people's faces.

"Outfits?" Witira asked.

"Young master Cale takes pissing off enemies to a whole new level," came Archie's cryptic comment.

At the confused looks on the faces of those not in the know, Rosalyn took pity on them.

"The outfit in question is Arm's outfit. Young master Cale had a copy made for us to wear any time we messed with Arm."