Chapter 50

"I wouldn't call it panic," Cale grumbled. "It was closer to confusion."

"Fine, we'll call it a combination of confusion, annoyance, and panic," Kim Rok Soo conceded.

"Stupid novel just kept getting things wrong," Cale mumbled.

Chapter 50: Into the Whirlpool (1)

Amiru, who had no way of knowing what Cale was thinking about, thought the serious expression on Cale's face was because of how caring of a person he was. She then continued to speak.

"Hahaha. My friend does care, but I think he was maybe more annoyed than caring when he found out I was there," Toonka laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" Toonka* asked. "Shouldn't you be mad that he didn't want to see you?"

"Why would I be mad? He didn't know me yet and I already know he was trying to avoid any trouble or extra work I would bring his way with the war I was planning to start."

"Ah. I guess war does make a lot of work for some people," Toonka* said while glancing toward Harol*.

"Based on his outfit and physique, he seemed to be someone from the Whipper Kingdom."

It was definitely Toonka.

Cale's face turned paler as Amiru continued to speak.

"I just thought you were pale because you were still injured. I had no idea it was because you didn't like what I was saying," Amiru sighed.

"It's not like you could have known that I already knew who you found and wanted to avoid him," Cale pointed out. "It's only logical that you thought it had something to do with the injury everyone thought I was still recovering from."

"That is true," Amiru admitted.

The non-mage faction that was fighting against the mages in the Whipper Kingdom were ignored as barbarians by the mages.

However, there were no barbarians in this world.

All humans had the same brain. It was just that, as time went on and history was created, they all grew and developed in the way that was most suitable for them.

The Toonkas smiled at that. They like the way Cale thinks. They know they aren't the smartest group out there, but the way they are works for them and it's nice that someone not a part of their group understands that.

The non-mages of the Whipper Kingdom were all strong individuals who managed to take control of the Whipper Kingdom's harsh mountains and shores without using any magic. They were people who focused on strengthening the human body rather than relying on other factors, such as magic.

"Did the book say all of that?" Toonka asked.

"It had some information and other bits, I admit, were guesses on my part," Cale answered.

"Seems like the guy writing that book liked us more than everyone else," Toonka boasted.

"Why would you think that?" Archie* growled. "He described us as only being second to dragons."

"He got more of the details about us right than he did about you," Toonka retorted.

"That guy over there just said that only some of that information was from the novel and the rest came from him, so you can't use that as the reason to say the person writing the novel liked you more," Archie* shot back while pointing at Cale.

"I can too," Toonka argued while his counterpart joined him in shouting the greatness of their warriors.

"How about we just add this to the list of questions to ask Choi Jung Gun at a later date?" Alberu* suggested as he played mediator between the two.