Chapter 49

"The timing was not the same as in the novel at all," Cale grumbled.

"Seems like my uncle Choi Jung Gun didn't write the novel with the timeline exactly as it happened," Choi Han commented.

"He may not have been aware of the actual timing of events and just made sure to include the necessary information wherever he could that would still make sense in the novel," Alberu suggested.

"That's probably what happened. It's unlikely he would have a memory like yours, Cale, and would have been unable to remember everything exactly as it happened," Eruhaben added.

"True. Either way, it was annoying," Cale continued to grumble.

Chapter 49: Somehow (7)

Originally, Cale did not plan to destroy the whirlpool. He was planning on taking care of it using the Indestructible Shield and the Vitality of the Heart.

'But that was when I didn't have the Black Dragon.'

There was no reason for him to work hard when he had the Black Dragon.

"Of course there isn't, human. It's easy for this great and mighty dragon," Raon boasted proudly.

"That's right. There isn't any reason for you to do something that's hard for you to do when there are others around you that can manage it much easier," Violan agreed.

"Families help each other, oraboni," Lily added.

"You are correct, Lily," Cale praised his sister.

Cale stuffed the Black Dragon, On, and Hong with a ton of food before sending out these Beasts that averaged 7 years of age and greeting his first guest.

"You really like feeding your kids," Robbit* said.

"Growing children should have plenty to eat," Cale replied.

His answer shut Robbit* and everyone else up. It's something that many people say, but they all know that Cale is most likely speaking from the perspective of someone who had been a growing child that didn't have enough to eat. It's a sad thought for many of them, but hurts his family even more. Beacrox makes a vow to become an even better chef to make sure Cale and his kids always have delicious food to eat.

'I need to talk to Choi Han and learn how to make more Korean foods.'

"I do not know what you stole, but you did something big."

It was Billos.

"I remember this," Billos said with a smile. "I made quite a bit of money not too long after that meeting."

"So did I," Cale happily added. "The Magic Tower was full of treasures."

The shining eyes and happy smile on Cale's face as he thought about all the money he made from that deal had many chuckling at how childish their commander could be when treasure, money, rewards, and loot were involved.

"You really sold him that place?" Toonka* asked his counterpart.

"I did. Chief Harol agreed with the decision too," Toonka replied.

"It was a good deal for us. As far as we knew, there was nothing valuable left in the tower, he also agreed to destroy it completely within a year, and we needed the money," Harol explained.

"That means that it's gone in your world too now, right?" Toonka* questioned.

"It is. My friend destroyed it like he promised and sold us the things that were found in the hidden underground level," Toonka responded.