Chapter 18

"We've seen quite a few dragons now," Bud said with a smirk.

Chuckles and nods met Bud's statement.

The Elves and Dark Elves' shining eyes and clasped hands reminded everyone far too much of certain zealots in the room.

Chapter 18: Saw A Dragon (1)

"...A dragon?"
"Yes."
"I've seen something similar once."

"Are you talking about that monster in the Forest of Darkness?" Choi Han^ asked.

"I was. Since I had never seen a real dragon and only had the knowledge of what I had read in novels from before, that monster was what came to mind. I know better now."

'Similar, my ass.'

Cale knew what Choi Han was talking about when he said something similar.
Forest of Darkness. He was talking about the vicious monsters deep inside the Forest of Darkness. Among those terrifying monsters were creatures that were somewhere between lizards and dragons.

"Those cute little things are nothing like the great and mighty me," Raon pointed out.

"That's right, hoobae. Those lizards are nothing like our majestic selves, but I guess I can see why someone new to our world that has never seen or heard about great and mighty dragons could get confused, so that's okay Choi Han," Dodori consoled Choi Han.

"Thank you, Dodori-nim," Choi Han said.

Mila smiled proudly while watching her son and Choi Han interact.

Choi Han had killed that dragon-like monster as soon as he advanced from the middle stage to the final stage of his Dark Destruction Sword Art.

"You did? How was it?"

Cale pretended to not know about the event, and asked Choi Han. Choi Han was the only other person in Cale's room right now.

"It must have gotten exhausting always having to pretend not to know the answers to things," Eric Wheelsman* said.

"Not really. There were a lot of things the novel didn't tell me that I ended up figuring out, so pretending not to know wasn't necessary at those times and even when I did have information on something from the novel, it wasn't always completely accurate. That's one of the reasons I would ask the questions and wait for the answers. It was a way to double check what I knew from the novel and what was actually going on were the same," Cale explained.

"I see. That was very smart," Eric* replied.

"...It was a monster."
"How so?"
"Its appearance, its strength, everything. It was a monster in all aspects."
"Is that so?"

Cale nodded his head and continued to speak. But his actions and his words were completely opposite.

"That line right there describes you to a tee," Bud said while laughing.

"How so?" Cale asked, confused.

"It literally says that your words and actions are opposites. That's pretty much your specialty at this point. Well, not counting the looting and plotting," Bud explained.

"How's that an accurate description of me though? I do what I say I'm going to do," Cale countered.

"Only when it comes to the promises you make to others. You say you want a peaceful life and then head to the front lines. You say you don't want to deal with complicated matters and then you get involved with taking Arm apart. You say you want to avoid the protagonist and his companions and then go around collecting the whole set and all the bonus pieces too. I'd say it's a pretty accurate description," Bud reasoned.