Prologue Part 3

Kim Rok Soo* isn't really as surprised as he should be considering the fact that he is no longer where he was a moment ago, but taking into account all the crazy shit that has happened in his life so far, this probably isn't even the weirdest.

He figures it has something to do with Cale and the rather annoying God of Death since, just moments ago, he was sitting in front of a dark cintamani wondering how Cale and his friends were faring against that motherfucking sealed god (he hopes Cale was able to smack that fucker in the back really, really hard) and now he finds himself in what appears to be a very large cinema.

His observations of his surroundings are cut off by a quietly gasped out "Min Joon-hyung" and he looks over just in time to see an older version of Kim Min Ah run head first into an invisible barrier and grumble about it.

Following that, he looks over to see an older version of himself mention the barrier being the doing of whomever brought them here.

Those words cause a brief moment of chaos and angry shouts throughout the room. During which he makes eye contact with the older Kim Rok Soo.

He knows the second he looks into his eyes just who is looking back at him. That's the original Cale Henituse. The one that started Cale's journey in his new life. The one that gave Kim Rok Soo* the chance to have a life different than the one fate had laid out for him. While Cale had been the one to put in the blood, sweat, and tears (way too much blood, if you ask him), it was Kim Rok Soo that gave him the opportunity to do so. Having Cale's memories, he knows Cale didn't choose to go to another world of his own volition. That means it had to have been the original Cale to make that decision. The man now in Kim Rok Soo's body must have been the one to make a deal with the God of Death and that deal is what ultimately led to Cale taking the sealed god's test. His world's changed future is a result of that.

For that, he owes Kim Rok Soo a debt of gratitude that he can never pay back. After all, what could possibly equal the worth of the many lives he won't have to say goodbye to now?

Before he can say anything to Kim Rok Soo, Kim Min Ah demands some answers from him and with a tired, fed up sigh, Kim Rok Soo admits to probably knowing who brought them all here, but not what for.

Scritch. Scritch.

The sounds of writing fill the room before more answers can be demanded. Everyone's attention is drawn to the large screen at the front of the room and the words appearing on it.

"Welcome. Make yourselves comfortable and feel free to use the facilities. No harm will come to any of you here. Take this time to treat any wounds you may have, eat, drink, rest, or talk amongst yourselves. All will be explained once everyone has arrived. The barriers between sections will remain in place for safety and other reasons."

Those words seem to cause everyone's minds to fly into a panic. Questions and thoughts rushing through their minds rapidly. Kim Rok Soo* is no exception to that.

'Yep. It's definitely that bastard. Guess I should be grateful it's the God of Death and not the sealed god. It also said that others are coming. Does that mean Cale will be here? Will Choi Han and Alberu also come? Can I meet Cale's kids? I really want to meet them. They are really good for Cale. His new family as a whole is.'

CLAP.

The loud sound draws him out of his thoughts and he looks up to see Kim Rok Soo standing there, grin on his face and hands still together after clapping. A moment later he opens his mouth to speak.

"Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm starved. How about we go and see what tasty treats we can find over there?"

The happy smile on his face as he looks at the little girls makes Kim Rok Soo's* lips twitch up slightly as well. He is glad Kim Rok Soo has found happiness as well. It wouldn't sit right with him if the man that helped to give his world a better fate traded one sad lonely life for another.