Chapter 38

"You could have easily handled that idiot on your own, but found it too troublesome, didn't you?" Bud asked.

"Of course. They volunteered to take care of all the annoying things. Why would I turn down such an offer," Cale replied to Bud.

"My dongsaeng isn't one to turn down an offer to avoid bothersome tasks," Alberu pointed out.

Chapter 38: Being Still (5)

"Ahem. Mm! Young master Neo, it has been a while."

Eric immediately moved in between Cale and Neo.

"You were quick to act," Antonio* said.

"I wasn't sure how long they had been standing there or how close Cale was to losing his temper, so I thought I had better act fast," Eric explained.

"If it had been me there, it would have already been too late by then. I would have taken him up on his offer to hit him since it would have been my last opportunity to cause a ruckus before the crown prince showed up," Kim Rok Soo said happily.

"Why would the prince being there change your behavior?" Jang Man Soo* asked.

"I may have been acting as trash, but even then I knew better than to disrespect a member of the royal family. That could have affected the Henituse household as a whole and I only wanted my own reputation trashed," Kim Rok Soo explained.

"Same here. I would have behaved myself while any of the royal family were present," Cale* confirmed.

"And yet, our troublesome brother over there has absolutely no problem being a disrespectful little brat no matter the station of the person in front of him," Alberu mentioned.

"Your highness, the sun of our glorious Roan Kingdom, this lowly one deeply apologizes for any such insolence in the presence of your greatness," Cale exaggeratedly said with an over the top bow.

"See? Absolutely no respect whatsoever," Alberu grumbled. His wide smile contradicted his words and showed how much he actually enjoyed his ridiculous dongsaeng's actions.

"Seems like you actually enjoy his antics though," Kim Rok Soo* pointed out.

"I do. It's nice to have someone I can be completely at ease in front of with absolutely no worries that he will think less of me if I don't maintain that perfect princely image at all times," Alberu admitted.

The two other Alberus present thought about how nice that must feel to have someone other than their Dark Elf family to be that free with.

"The young master was very respectful when he was in front of both Adin and me," Valentino recalled.

"Cale has no problems acting the part when necessary," Alberu informed him.

"I needed to make sure that bastard Adin kept thinking of me as someone too good and naïve to ever smack him from behind and I also needed to pull you to our side so you wouldn't be smacked from behind. It's easier to do that if I maintain a respectful demeanor," Cale explained.

"I see. I do have to agree with you too. Your image of a good and proper noble did help with my decision to believe your claims," Valentino admitted. "I prefer you to be yourself now though."

"The same for me as well," Litana added.

"I think that goes for all of us at this point, young master," Witria said.

"I do prefer the young master to act as himself as well. I have enough people making sure to remain overly respectful to me all the time," Jopis commented.