Chapter 64

"Most of it was gone, but there was a bit left on the dragon bones," Raon admitted, a bit disappointed. "But now that I'm older, I could definitely destroy every last bit of it and there wouldn't have been any left behind."

"It's still impressive even if some of it remained behind," Bud reassured the little dragon as Cale* gave him a pat on the head to cheer him up.

"Raon," Cale called out. "You did get rid of all of it. What was left on the dragon skeleton was there because of the test to get the ancient power and disappeared as soon as I acquired it."

"Ah. That's right," Raon gasped. "It did disappear on its own, so that means that I did destroy it all."

That realization had the black dragon perking up right away from his spot on Cale's* lap.

"Hyung," Dodam^ said. "Tell me how to make those magic bombs you used to destroy the swamp before we leave, so that I can do it in my world too."

"Sure," Raon happily agreed. "Your hyung will make sure to teach you a bunch of stuff before you go back to your home."

As the two (with occasional input from two excited kittens) began to make a list of the things Raon should teach Dodam^ before they separated, their watching family members smiled sadly. They would like to keep the youngest child with his siblings in their world, but that's not something they can accomplish (a few gazes moved toward Cale at that thought since he's managed what seemed impossible before), so for now they will just have to be glad the little one gets this time with his family.

Chapter 64: Wasn't Supposed to Be Like This (1)

The mana in the black swamp and the air around them was fluctuating.

The Black Dragon was in the sky looking down.
He was a dragon in the end.

A violent and ominous aura was dominating the swamp region. Cale turned around to look at the boundary of the black swamp and the forest region. Since that violent and ominous aura was controlling the boundary, the forest was not shaking.
However, the group waiting for them there all had pale expression.

"And there's your habit of double or triple checking the safety of those under your care," Sui Khan pointed out. "It's one of the habits you had that we didn't mind you indulging in. Much better than your habit of overworking or getting too distracted to remember to feed yourself."

"It's also much better than the habit of running toward danger that he has," Choi Han added.

"It's better than that looting habit," Marquis Ailan's son whispered. "We were probably lucky we didn't get looted after my behavior that one time."

"We were lucky," Sand Ailan agreed in a whisper. "Young master Cale was probably too busy to bother with us at that moment. He may have also considered the beating you took as enough of a punishment."

"I'm sorry father. I will reflect further on my actions and make sure not to repeat such foolishness again."

"Good. Also, when we consider that the young master also has a habit of completely destroying or at least causing a good deal of property damage to his enemies, it would have still been getting off lightly if he had chosen to loot us."

".....true. I apologize again for putting us in such a precarious position."

Sand Ailan acknowledged his son with a nod and turned back to the screen in order to hide the small smile beginning to spread across his face. It finally seemed like his idiotic son had begun to grow up and mature. This room has been a godsend in more than one way and he is truly grateful that his son, various other members of the Ailan Marquisate, and himself had the privilege of being included in this room's members.