Chapter 57

"Ahem. I may have a vague memory of Alberu and a few others occasionally mumbling something involving the words crazy and bastard," Cale muttered with pink cheeks. "Although I have no clue why I'm the crazy bastard. They should all look in a mirror."

Cale's muttering only served to have the room filled with laughter and the pink on his cheeks creeping more toward a color that matched his hair.

"Hahaha. Are you sure it's only a 'vague memory'?" Kim Rok Soo teased with a laugh.

"Of course. I have such a terrible memory when it comes to useless details like that," Cale deadpanned.

Cale's obvious lie said with such a straight face had many in the room chuckling.

"It's true. His memory is so bad he always forgot to call me hyung," Sui Khan added with a smirk.

"Our human always forgets to eat his meals too," Raon chimed in.

"Or go to sleep at a decent hour," On contributed.

"He forgets to say when he's sad or hurt too," Hong finished.

"You've been ratted out by your kids again," Cale* chuckled.

Cale was definitely not sulking at once again having his bad habits outed by his family.

"It's not like I'm the only one guilty of doing that," Cale grumbled.

"True. We've all done the same, but you do tend to take it to the extreme if there's no one around to reel you in," Sui Khan added after Cale finished grumbling.

Chapter 57: Currently Thinking (5)

Cale responded to Toonka's words by pointing at Toonka and starting to speak.

"Are you and your crew not also crazy for trying to flip everything over?"

"Of course not," Toonka* shouted. "We were flipping something rotten."

"That's right," Toonka eagerly agreed with his counterpart. "We were doing something good."

"We would have been crazy if we wanted to keep things the way they were," Harol pointed out.

"Anyone that wants to keep being used as fodder for experiments or treated as lesser beings could definitely be considered as crazy," Harol* commented.

Toonka's smile ended up turning into laughter.

"Hahahaha-"

It was so loud that it echoed around the islands. Toonka finally stopped laughing after a while and started to shake his head as he responded to Cale.

"No. Not at all."

Toonka's gaze was cold as he stopped laughing and glared at Cale.

"We are not crazy at all."

"There's nothing crazy about wanting to oust a ruler or the ruling class that doesn't have the best interest of its citizens in mind," Fredo stated.

"That's exactly what we were doing," Harol* declared.

"That's true, but you should have probably had some idea of where to lead your kingdom after you won ahead of time," Fredo* pointed out. "Sounds like you all are just kind of winging it."

"You are correct. While we did plan out our rebellion, and there really wasn't that much to the plan either, we really didn't think much about what comes next before we started," Harol* agreed. "That's probably one of the reasons our kingdom was fated to fail originally."