Chapter 31

"I've been meaning to ask, but do all noble households have underground training arenas?" Kim Min Joon* asked.

"It's common for higher ranking nobles and any of the lower ranking nobles that can afford it," Marquis Ailan answered.

"Having an underground training arena prevents outsiders from being able to accurately gage the skill of your troops," Duke Oresna* added.

"I see," Kim Min Joon* said.

Chapter 31: You... (6)

Cale put some stuff into a magic bag and headed to the arena. The residence's underground arena. Count Henituse's territory was famous for its wealth, but that wealth was supported by military strength. How would they be able to survive next to the Forest of Darkness and the dangerous monsters contained within it without a strong military strength?

"We really had no idea just how strong the Henituse territory's military might is," Marquis Ailan said.

"It was quite shocking. Since the Henituse household remains neutral, we all just assumed their military power was weak as well," Duke Orsena added.

"As I've said before, just because we don't join the fight for power doesn't mean we are weak. We made sure to be prepared for a fight should someone threaten our people. We are even better prepared now," Deruth interjected with a vicious grin.

That grin reminded them very much of his son's.

That was why their residences had underground training arenas that were larger and better than most Duke or Marquis's residences. Cale gave an order as soon as they entered the large underground arena.

"Your household really doesn't mind spending money," Lee Chul Min* mumbled.

"Of course not. We have plenty. What's the point of having it if you don't spend it on things that matter and making sure our family and people all stay safe is important enough to not cheap out on," Deruth stated. "Just ask Venion and the ex-Marquis Stan what happens when you go cheap."

The reminder about the human excrements' cheap attempt at protecting the cave and the results of that had many grinning viciously.

"You aren't bad for a human," Rasheel* said to Deruth.

"Thank you Dragon-nim," Deruth said with a bow in his direction.

"The two of you stay out of the arena as well. Secure the area, and make sure nobody comes in from the first floor."
"Yes, young master."
"I understand, young master."

Cale had a bitter taste in his mouth at the fact that Ron had an extremely wide smile on his face, but Cale chose to let it go. After watching the two people go away, Cale carried the kittens and went to the corner of the arena.

"You are such a good dad," Kim Min Ah said.

"That's right, he is a great dad," On said happily.

"He's the best," Hong said proudly.

"That's right. Our human is the best d-dad," Raon mumbled, his cheeks so red it was even visible on his black scales.

"My siblings are right, our d-dad is the best," Dodam^ said, blush matching Raon's.

"Young master is the best," Maes stated. The other Wolf children nodded enthusiastically along.

"H-he r-really is," Lock quietly stuttered.

The words of his slew of children had Cale blushing bright red while mumbling, "You are all good kids, so it's not hard."

Their family all watched the scene with happy smiles on their faces.