PROMISES

Kk parked his car outside the building. It was a small building. There was no security guard on duty. That got him more worried.
He pressed the lift button but it was taking time so he just ran up the stairs.
The house was on 3rd floor.

As he was running on the stairs he saw how the building had dim lights. No cctv camera. No security.
He reached the 3rd floor n saw that it had only 2 houses in which 1 was locked.

The other house door was slightly open.
He was sick to his stomach thinking why teju was here. Why such a building? N most importantly whose house?
He opened the house door n called for her. He was panting for breath as he ran up 3 floors.

Kk- Teju.. Laddoo?? Where r u?? Laddoo..

He walked in the hall. Only a small light was on. He looked for switches n turned on other lights.

He was sweating. He looked around the house. It looked like it was unused for a while. No photoframes no TV No sofa.

He started walking towards the room when he saw an envelope on the floor with his name on it.

He opened it with trembling hands

It read-
My sunny. A lot has happened in past 24hrs. Its been a lil overwhelming for me to process all this. I have always loved u with all my heart. I will always love u but....

His heart literally stopped as he read BUT

- letter continues
But i feel marriage is a big commitment. Looking at the way things were discussed recently i dunno if i m ready for it.

His eyes welled up. He didnt know how to react.
He was looking at the letter when he heard their song.

Ajeeb dastaan hai ye.
He followed the music n entered a room.
He was freaking out inside but he had decided that no matter what teju says he will not leave her. He needed her.
He saw teju standing there dressed in the same red sari that she wore for the shoot.

He ran to her n just hugged her. Hugged her like it was their last time.

Kk- Teju i m sorry.. See i honestly..

Teju put her hand on his mouth.

Teju-I dont want to hear anything. Today i will talk n u will listen.

Kk- Buttt. Let me tell u...

She ✋gestured him to just stop talking.

Breaking their hug she went to the side table. She picked up a candle n lit it. She put it in center of the room.
There were some flowers on the floor n she kept the candle in between.

Kk had not noticed the flowers earlier. He didnt understand what she was doing.

She took her phone n played a recording.

Rec 1- As i told u sunny the past 24hrs have been quite overwhelming for me. U know i m not good with words so this is how i will let u know what i m feeling right now.

She was looking at kk while the recording was going on

Recording continues
- Marriage is a huge commitment. Its not just about us. Its our families coming together. I saw the excitement on everyone's face when the wedding venue clothes shopping discussion was going on.
I know u all want a grand wedding. N i respect it all.
But for me these 7 vows mean a lot. I never wanted to get married but u changed me. With u i could see a happy future but..

The recording stopped.
Tears filled in their eyes. Their eyes had a seperate conversation going on. They never needed words but today she thought she did.