Dinner (4)

Setting: Restaurant

Hearing the words from Caesar's mouth, Jake began begging and apologizing.

Jake: Sir, it was my mistake. I'll never bother you again, I apologize. I....

Caesar coldly gazed at Jake. It's like telling him to get lost.

Jake: I, uhhh.. We need to go......

Jake and his group dispersed from the restaurant.

Caesar: (Looking at his sister) You scared him sis. (Smiling)

Astrid: Really? (Annoyed but relieved that his brother had come. Because if he didn't, it would have resulted to a fight.)

Cedrick: You're late brother. (Nagging to his brother)

Caesar: Nope. I was actually on time. I was waiting for you to throw a punch though. Cause your big bro, here, will back you up if that ever happens. Good thing Tricia's there to stop you (Smiling at Tricia while patting his brother's head)

Cedrick and Astrid let out a sigh.

Astrid: You never change brother. (Smiling, looking at Caesar)

------------

Aika's POV: Nagulat ako sa nangyari. It escalated nearly to a fight yet he turned it all around with just saying a few words. Looking at him, he looks like the matured version of Cedrick. Hazelnut eyes, wavy hair and good physique, his voice sounds stern and dominating kanina but when it comes to his siblings, he looks like a different person. But those eyes though....

Aika ,unconsciously, was looking at Caesar and caught his eyes. Staring...

He smiled at her. Aika smiled back.

Jill: Ate Aiks... (Whispering)

Aika shifting her gaze to Jill.

Jill: Ate, he looks like Cedrick but the mature version nu.

Aika: Oo nga eh. I noticed den.

Jill: Pero ang cool and fresh ng aura niya. Titignan maigi, mas gwapo siya kesa kay kuya Cedrick. No offense ate Trish. (Grinning at Tricia)

Little did they know, Caesar has particularly good hearing. He understood what they were talking.

Caesar's mind: Same. All the same reaction. How tiring (hiding it all in his smiles)

Aika: Really? Sa tingin ko kasi he looks tired and bored. (Whispered to Tricia and Jill)

Tricia & Jill looked at Aika confused.

Caesar, hearing her words, paused. His facade was perfect ever since then. Keeping a cool and fresh appearance to appease all the people around him but then she....

Caesar's mind: How did she...

When suddenly........

Cedrick: Brother, let me introduce you to my girlfriend, Tricia. Trish, this is my brother, Caesar.

Quickly, Caesar shift his gaze to Tricia and offer his hand. Tricia accepted his handshake.

Caesar: Nice to meet you Doc Tricia. Looks like my brother hit the jackpot in finding a nice girl like you. (Winked at Tricia)

Tricia: (blushing) Nice to meet you din po.

Cedrick: (Glaring at his brother) Stop that. ( Taking off his brother's hand from his girlfriend.)

Tricia: Love... (Dragging his boyfriend's sleeve)

Jill: May nagseselos. (Whispering)

Aika: Bawiang pagpapakilala. (Whispering)

Tricia looked at Jill and Aika. Immediately, Jill hid behind Aika and Aika began looking at the structures of the restaurant to avoid the gaze.

Astrid, being impatient with how her brother's are acting decided to intervene. She pulled Cedrick's and Caesar's ear.

Caesar: Awww... Ouch ouch..

Cedrick: Ouch, wait ahhhh...

The brothers reacted in unison.

Astrid: Really? Both of you behave. We have guests.. (Sigh in disbelief)

Leni laughed at the sight of the siblings and the interaction between her daughters.

Leni: Para kayong mga bata. (Laughing)

Tricia: Mama....

Leni: I think close na close kayo ng siblings mo Cedrick. (Smiling at Cedrick)

Caesar: (smiled at what she said) Now I see where your daughters got their beauty and charm. It's an honor to meet you madam president of the Philippines. (Offered his hand to Maam Leni)

Leni: Nice to meet you to Caesar. (Returning the handshake) Thank you for intervening in kanina. I thought a fight would start that's why I felt nervous.

Caesar: Really, I think hindi naman po yun mangyayari. My brother and sister can handle the situation. Extra lang po ako kanina. (Smiling)

Moment of silence.....

Cedrick: Wait!!! What... You speak tagalog. Huh?? When??

Caesar: Just now. I've been studying. (Showing the dictionary to his brother)

Astrid: Wow, you really prepared for this haven't you? (Hysterically looking at his brother in disbelief)

Caesar: Of course. It's the first time my brother is introducing someone special. I was so excited I couldn't sleep. Thank you for taking care of my brother. I'm glad he's having a wonderful time.

Jill: He's actually very caring not only to ate Tricia but to us din po. I think they're a good match.

Tricia and Cedrick began blushing.

Caesar: I agree. And you must be Jillian, I've heard you just graduated from NYU. Congratulations.

Jill: Thank you. Nice to meet you kuya Caesar. Ahh.. I mean.. (Hala nasabihan ng kuya - blushing)

Caesar: It's fine, you can call me that. (Smiling)

Astrid eyeing Cedrick, and Cedrick knowing what his sister is thinking - (Mind Sync - What is he (Caesar) planning?)

Caesar: And you must be the eldest, Jessica right? Nice to meet you. (Offered his hand)

Aika: Ah yes. Just call me Aika. Nice to meet you too Caesar. (Returned the handshake)

Caesar: I've heard you graduated from Harvard. Alumni din kasi ako, finished my graduate studies around 2011, but I never saw you on campus. (Smiling)

Aika: I went there for graduate studies around 2017-18. Different timelines. (Smiled back)

Caesar: Bummer. It would have been a better experience if we were classmates. (Smiled)

Caesar was waiting for a reaction but wala. Walang reaction. Aika just smiled, normally.

Caesar: Anyways, we should sit and order na. I hope you guys built up an appetite cause we are gonna bombard you with good food tonight.

Aika: Naku, don't worry. We came prepared. (Letting out a small laugh)

Tricia and Jill: Ready!

---------------

Caesar's thoughts: (Looking at Aika while sitting down) I like it. She looks confident. She's not nervous neither affected of my presence unlike her sisters. Let's stir things up a bit shall we? 🤡😈

-----------------

Writer's POV - 🥺👉👈 hays.. Caesar the troublemaker..