The Reason

Setting: At the restaurant

Caesar's and Aika's team ate at Provenciano, a restaurant carefully curated authentic regional dishes found in many regions of the Philippines.

Both of the team went inside, ready to enjoy dinner.

------------------

Setting: Provenciano Restaurant

Rapa led Caesar's team to their designated table so that they can sit first.

As Caesar walked inside, whispers were heard, left and right. It was always been like this.

Noticed by people around him. It made him sick. There was only one person though who didn't act like this.

Her.

Composed and calm as she gracefully sat. Looking at the menu on what to order for the team. Caesar had one thought in mind.

Caesar's mind: The only thing I want is to be noticed by her.

Caesar ,dazed, looking at her was brought back to reality when someone asked.

Rapa: Sir, have you tried Filipino food before?

Caesar: I did. I tried Pinangat before.

Aika smiled, hearing what he said. Remembering how he asked her to cook it for him.

Hya (Staff): Thats a dish from Naga, Ate Aiks diba?

Aika: Yes. A local dish in Naga.

Rapa: Was it good?

Caesar smiled.

Caesar: It was delightful. I could eat the whole thing. (Glancing at Aika)

Ken: You should taste how Aika cooks it. Out of this world sir.

Caesar: Really? I'd like that. (Grinning at her)

Aika's mind: ang kulit niya.

Rapa: Aika how bout it?

Aika: Let's see. (Smiling while looking at Caesar being playful.)

Rapa: Speaking of, Aika will be visiting our project locations for the next few weeks. Would you like to join her sir? Get to see the actual implementation and situation of our projects?

Secretary Jay butt in, he knew how busy Caesar was and had to decline this offer.

Jay: Ah sorry but we will not be able to.....

Caesar cut him off.

Caesar: Sure, count me in.

Jay looked at Caesar. His eyes saying it all - "You can't change my mind. I'll go".

He didn't understand him. He always prioritize work over anything but this time his decisions were affected.

Affected by one person, Aika.

Seeing how he could not do anything to change his mind.

Jay looked at Aika's team.

Jay: We will be in your care then.

Caesar smiled. Everything's going the way he wanted it.

The group finished their dinner with continuous conversation about business. It was a successful deal for both team.

-----------------

After dinner, the weather wasn't doing well. Rain poured profusely. Caesar's team went ahead, leaving Aika and her team.

Aika settled everything in the restaurant first leaving her the last one to get out. Seeing how it poured hard and how she didn't bring any umbrella. She decided to ran to her car. Preparing to step out on the rain, someone grab her. As she looked to see who it was, an umbrella brought roof to her head by a man with familiar scent and physique. It was Caesar.

Aika: Why are you still here? (Confused)

Caesar laughed at her reaction.

Caesar: Hmmmm. I was waiting for someone. Let's go?

He held her hand, side by side. Rain still pouring but it didn't matter, she was safe with him. She was always safe with him.

Aika noticed how unequal the distribution of the umbrella was. She noticed that his shoulder was getting wet.

Aika: Your shoulder. It's wet.

Caesar: It's okay. Bagay lang sakin mabasa since I'm drippin with good looks. (Winked at her - joking)

Aika laughed at his joke.

Aika: I never thought you were this narcissistic. (Joking)

Caesar laughed at what she said.

Aika: Does your brother know you're here?

Arriving to her car, he faced her, his eyes looking at hers. He said.

Caesar: No, I wanted to let you know first.

Aika looking at his eyes. This gaze, this was the same gaze she wanted to see before leaving Dublin.

Aika paused for a moment. She was still confused, surprise but happy. But she wanted to know the truth. The real reason why he's here.

Even thought still hesitant, she had to ask.

Aika: Caesar, why are you here?

Caesar paused. Holding her hand tighter than usual. That moment time stopped still. Was this the moment that he had to tell her? He looked at her, his eyes gleaming with hope and sincerity.

But as soon as she saw how he looked at her. She predicted what was gonna happen. It made her scared. Because it was the same way, the same way her past did it. Thoughts left and right keep coming back, she remembered.

-----------------------------

(Aika's Flashback)

The man held her hand tightly as they were walking. She didn't know the reason why he was here. He travelled long just to see her. So she asked.

Aika: Why are you here?

The man looked at her, holding her hand. His eyes gleaming with hope and sincerity. He smiled.

Man: I love you, Aika.

These words still lingered in her thoughts. The same words that made her broken when he left.

---------------------------

Caesar noticed her reaction. Her face showed fear and pain. At that time he knew what to do. He knew, he had to wait. He answered her.

Caesar: I had regrets after Dublin. I wasn't able to say goodbye properly to you.

Aika hearing him, her thoughts paused. Weirded out by his answer and was confused.

Aika: So you want to say goodbye to me now? (Confused and dumbfounded)

Caesar smiled. He let go of the umbrella, cornering Aika to her car, in between his arms. They were now both dripping wet because of the rain. His lips reaching towards her ear. Closer, he whispered.

Caesar: No Aika. This time, I'm planning to stay.

-------------
Author's POV.

Ok, this was short. I know 😂😂😂
Sorry na. Bawi ako sa next time. Dami ko ginawa kahapon, naubos braincells ko.
Kung pwede lang sana mag refill hahaha. Di na kinaya ng Kopiko Brown eh.

But my boy is getting fiercer and fiercer na huhu. I'm so proud 🥹