The Promise

Setting: Robredo Condo

Aika heard what he said.

" I need to go home Aika"

Is he leaving her? What was happening? She thought he would stay by her side always. There were a lot of doubts in her head. She was afraid that her past experience will repeat again. Him, leaving her for good. She grasped back to reality when Caesar held her hand.

Caesar: Aika?

Caesar was worried with her expression. Aika suddenly let go of Caesar's hand. This made Caesar concerned.

Caesar: Hon.

Aika's voice got louder as she said.

Aika: Stop! Don't touch me. Wag muna Caesar.

Caesar heart sank by what he heard.

Aika's loud tone was heard by Leni who quickly went down.

Leni saw that the two was not understanding each other at all. She quickly budge in to resolve the matter.

Leni: Aika, Caesar what happened?

Caesar: Tita, I was just...

Caesar didn't finished her sentence as Aika stood up and ran to her room, her tears were visible.

Caesar wanted to catch her.

Caesar: Aika, let me explain..

Leni hold off Caesar looking disappointed.

Leni: Linoko mo ba ang anak ko?

Caesar shake his head.

Caesar: No tita. I told her I was going back home but she didn't heard yet the reason why. This was just a misunderstanding.

Leni can see that he was honest and worried.

Caesar: tita please, I don't wanna lose her. Please let me talk to her. If I need to beg, I will. Please, I don't wanna lose your daughter.

Leni agreed. They proceed upstairs and Leni entered Aika's room first.

Leni: Anak?

Aika was already crying inside.
Leni hugged her as tears fell off her eyes.

Aika: ma, mukhang masasaktan nanaman ulit ako. Nagpakatanga nanaman ako ma.

She hugged Leni tighter.

Leni: Anak di mo pa alam kung bakit diba?

Aika: Dun din naman papunta yun diba ma?

Leni: bakit katulad ba siya ng mga minahal mo dati?

Aika thought of it. No, he was different. He was the only one who fought for her and who even chased her back to the Philippines. Every moment with him was different.

Aika looked down. Her mom was right, she didn't even gave him the chance to explain.

Leni knew that her daughter understood. She held her tight as she said.

Leni: Aika, I know masakit yung mga pinagdaanan natin pero wag mo isara sa isipan mo na ang kasalukuyan ay iba sa nakaraan. Mahal ka ni Caesar. Nakita ko yon. Ikaw ba, mahal mo siya?

Aika's eyes teared up some more as she said with all her heart.

Aika: Mahal na mahal ma.

Leni knew at that time that this will not be easy for her but she needs to learn how to face it not alone but with him.

Leni: Papasukin ko na ha? Dito ko na din patutulugin. Pag usapan niyo to. Ayusin niyo.

Leni went out the room and told Caesar he can enter.