40

Setting: Caesar's Room

Caesar was overlooking the balcony. He had seen her after 2 years.  He thought he had the courage to show nothing,  he thought had the strength to act as if nothing happened. But he was wrong.

Ang hirap pala, kapag nandyan na siya sa harapan mo.

Yung tipong di kana makapagsalita, 

Yung tipong parang yayakapin mo siya ng mahigpit.

Yung tipong sasabihin mo na mahal mo parin siya.

He let out a sigh to release stress. For 2 years, he had not seen her. She was still the same. The same Aika he loved very much. What if he gave the ring that time? What if he had the courage to chase her when she left?

Would that make a difference? Would that change the present?

As he was overthinking, a girl opened the door to his bedroom.

Woman: Caesar?

Caesar hearing the voice turned his back and look at her.

Caesar: Aya, you're here!

Aya: Yup, just got here. So what happened?

Caesar: I saw her.

Aya smiled at him. She knew this was something he needed to do.

Aya: It's okay. Did you tell her?

Caesar looked at her and smiled.

Caesar: Of course I did. But not everything. Let's just leave it that way.

Aya smiled. She hugged him and he returned the hug.

Aya: You can do this. Do you want me to help?

Caesar smiled. Yeah he can do this. He can freaking do this.

Caesar: No need. I can do this. And Aya, this time I'll make sure of it. This time I'll be happy.

Aya: So, when can I meet her?

Caesar: Later, this evening. You excited?

Aya: Hmmm. Yeah. You?

Caesar: Excited to meet her?

Aya nodded.

Caesar: Always. I always look forward to meeting her, Aya.

Aya, seeing him this persevered, smiled at him. He was different when Aika broke his heart.

That time, he was like a human being alive but not living. His eyes didn't even had the courage to live anymore. He was devestated. Broken.

She remembered before all of this happened. That time, Caesar, just recently came back home.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback - Caesar Returned Home

Setting: Car

Jay: Sir we need to proceed with.

Caesar: No, I need to visit someone first.

Jay: Where?

Caesar: The cemetery.

Caesar visited the Sha's grave. Holding a bouquet of flowers. He stood in front of her grave as he said.

Caesar: Sha, I met someone magnificent, brilliant and perfect. I'm happy with her. I love her very much. Her name is Aika. 

Sha, if you can only see, she's funny, she's also scary, she's a little bit of everything. No words can describe her. She's like an exemption to every rule, madaya kasi nasa kanya na lahat and she....

.

.

.

.

Caesar paused but proceeded to tell to the grave.

.

.

.

Caesar: She's the one I want to marry.

.

.

.

.

.

Woman: Then marry her.

Caesar, surprised by the reply. He knew this voice very well. She was the one who witnessed everything. It was Aya.

Caesar: Up until now you're here to witness the story of my life?

Aya: I was obliged to do it, Caesar. Sha made me do it. I need to look out for you no matter what. But you've changed. I know you won't mess this up. I know Sha will be happy with your new found love. She's rooting for the both you.

Caesar smiled. He knew what she said was true. Sha would be happy. 

Aya: So let's do this?

Caesar: Yeah. Let's do it.

Aya smiled . He changed from someone who lost everything (losing Sha) to someone who will make sure he won't make the same mistake again. (Loving Aika)

She knew this was the new Caesar that Aika molded. Something that even Sha cannot do. She was confident as she welcomed him back.

Aya: Welcome back, Caesar.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Ang tanong....
Who is Aya? :)

I based her on someone I hold dear. Baka mamatay author niyo pagnabasa niya to kasi gagawin ko talaga na same yung ugali nila. Sana di ka pa nadadapa soon to be atty. Aya. Hahaha

Be the judge nalang kung dadagdag niyo sa listahan or hindi. Pero ako?

May next chapter pa... Hahahahaha.

Putik. Ang daming nangyari sakin this week especially nung Saturday. 😂 Eto yung meme ko sa life ko now. Goodmorning.

Dagdagan ko pa ba ng isang episode today?? 😏

--------------------------------------------------------------